• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 XTX vibration

I bought a used 2016 xtx with 2000 miles on it. It vibrates quite a bit when accelerating, is this normal for these sleds? Belt looks new but I do not have another one to try (its on order). Is there anything else I could check, seems to be more on the left footwell area but it is felt on right foot also. Is there a proper location to store a spare belt on these?

Hmmm, the left footwell is where I have always felt a vibration on my 09' when the belt was going. The other thing you could check is the inside drive lugs on the track to see if any are missing chunks out of them. As for belt storage, Yamaha intended to store the spare belt in a vinyl bag tucked in the nose of the front subframe. I would not recommend storing a belt there as it is so tightly folded to fit in the bag that I had a new one stored in there and it cracked after one season. Storing a spare belt would be better in a back pack, windshield bag, tunnel bag, or by adding the 2007' only plastic belt box on the tunnel. G.B.

The other thing to check would be the drive bearing and jack shaft bearing on the left side. They are sealed and don’t run in oil like the right.

Mine has always had a funny vibration at certain speeds in the left footwell. 7000+ miles an no issues, just changed the axle bearing on that side and it still does it. A 1.5” track going around a small 8 tooth driver = vibration. The funny firing order on the Phazer engine also could be adding strange harmonics to the drive system.

Back