• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1tp

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper R-TX LE Clutched and Canned
2014 Viper L-TX SE Clutched
Was most likely not in the market for a new sled this year anyway, but I must say I am disappointed....

There's a new rear suspension, which IMHO is relatively big news considering new rear suspension designs show up maybe once a decade. Vector gets updated engine internals and 3 mode throttle system.

Just sifting through the changes they did quite few across the board. New rear skids, performance dampers,intelligent throttle designs, revamped Vector engine specs,Ripsaw II tracks......yeh I don't see a turbo or mention of increased Apex HP but much better than BNG IMHO.

Just sifting through the changes they did quite few across the board. New rear skids, performance dampers,intelligent throttle designs, revamped Vector engine specs,Ripsaw II tracks......yeh I don't see a turbo or mention of increased Apex HP but much better than BNG IMHO.

X2!

2016 = lame ,lame lame for Yamaha again .
but now they have almost as many models as ac!!!!!!!!
keeping old faithful 1978 et340 and snowchecking a Polaris .
hope you get this Yamaha corporate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The saddest part IMO about the updated Apex rear skid, and changes to the Vector means those two sleds in their current state will now be around for another 4 to 5 years! Since no one can seem to convince the bean counters to build what the masses want, they can't possibly release all this new stuff on these 10 year old sleds and then completely go a different direction within the next year of two, correct?

Reactions: 1tp
I don't know about that, remember that the rear skid was updated in 2010 but then the Apex got a major refresh for 2011. I think it is entirely possible (however unlikely) that the Apex could still get a re-design for next year.

This sucks hard, I'm tired of waiting Yamaha!

The skid almost looks like an 80's era rear suspension:( ...WTF

The saddest part IMO about the updated Apex rear skid, and changes to the Vector means those two sleds in their current state will now be around for another 4 to 5 years! Since no one can seem to convince the bean counters to build what the masses want, they can't possibly release all this new stuff on these 10 year old sleds and then completely go a different direction within the next year of two, correct?
X2, 10lb weight reduction of the rear skid, ""BIG F'N DEAL"" I can also cut 10lbs out of my mono if I take off all the wheels and swap out the Ohlins for that ""POS"" Float. Welcome back hyfax wear! They must have a boat load of DuPont's on hand! Guess they needed to cut weight for those Groundbreaking/Earthshattering Industry Leading Performance Dampers they continue to shove down are throats!!! Hey YAMAHA, Chance favors THE BOLD and Risk equals RETURN!!

I agree & like Apex & Vector improvements....some seem to think new platforms are necessary to be meaningful but I have not seen that from any OEM just improvements on current platforms for everyone.

Back