• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 BTX clutch kit

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
I have a 2017 viper BTX and I am looking for a bit better performance. The sled is stock except for a trail can and the soft start primary spring from BOP. I am not concerend with faster top end speed, it is fine as it is but I want better mid range. About 75% of my riding is off trail lake riding with the other 25% trail riding. Is the big venom kit still the best option for the vipers.

I just did the airbox mod and Big venom kit this fall and LOVE the new mid range power improvement I got. Top end wasn't a concern for me either.
Tell Terry what you are looking for and he'll set up the weights for what your specific conditions.

The big venom will definitely give you more mid range and a buttery smooth engagement, should gain a bit more on top end too

The free air box mod is removing the plastic around the remaining frog skin at the bottom of the air box. There is info on this in the frequently asked questions post. Here is my take on this mod, I did not notice any difference after this mod. I went a different direction for this year, I installed the black hole air box mod from Schmidt Bros. It uses a 3" horn above the shelf with velocity stacks in the intake tubes. I'm sure I will get more and colder air with this set up verses the very restricted OEM air box. I also run the big venom clutch kit, it is very smooth with a notiecable difference over stock.

The free air box mod is removing the plastic around the remaining frog skin at the bottom of the air box. There is info on this in the frequently asked questions post. Here is my take on this mod, I did not notice any difference after this mod. I went a different direction for this year, I installed the black hole air box mod from Schmidt Bros. It uses a 3" horn above the shelf with velocity stacks in the intake tubes. I'm sure I will get more and colder air with this set up verses the very restricted OEM air box. I also run the big venom clutch kit, it is very smooth with a notiecable difference over stock.
With these air box mods is there a chance that snow can get into the throttle bodies. As anyone knows with any amount of deep snow off trail riding, the viper body seriously lacks the ability to keep snow out of the engine compartment, even after I have installed as much frog skin over the openings as I could and siliconed up all the unnecessary holes in the framework.

It has a screen over the horn, same material used on an external CAI seen on turbo sleds. Evo used to sell a similar air box mod, I never heard anything bad from those that have that set up. I know cannondale still uses it on his 14 viper with like 20,000 miles on it and has done a fair share of off trail riding. Maybe he will chime in with his thoughts.

Stomper keep an eye out for an announcement coming from Thunder Products in the near future. What's coming will really wake up the mid-range.;)

Well I was scheduled to have my Viper in there shop today but its not ready yet. Soon I hope!

I just did the airbox mod and Big venom kit this fall and LOVE the new mid range power improvement I got. Top end wasn't a concern for me either.
Tell Terry what you are looking for and he'll set up the weights for what your specific conditions.
X2

Back