• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacing vk540 2017 with sr viper s-tx 146 2015, bad idea?

mstl

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha vk540 2017
Hi, I currently have a vk540 2017 and it is perfect for what I'm doing ( Riding exclusively on my land hauling firewood, hauling the kids) except when I want to have some fun, well the vk is not so funny. I also really like to have a 4 stroke so the kids won't smell like burned oil all winter long. I really like the look of the sr viper but I'm a little worry about the payload and hauling capacity, sometime I got the whole family on the sled ( about 400 lbs) and hauling some firewood. I'm looking for a sled that I can have fun with an still can put it to work. So what do you think about the sr viper for me. ps I don't want a vk professional. thanks

you could always go venture lite or mp. you could also look for a sr venture dx sled as well as it looks like the 2 up seat is removeable for solo riding.

I think it would work fine, but I would go with a 2017 or newer as there were some quirks with the first few years.
You may want to gear it a bit lower if you're ever in the chaincase if you're going to be hauling loads.

I think that you'd be happy with the STX 146 if you go with C&A MTX skis & snowtrackers, and a BOP soft start primary spring.

you could always go venture lite or mp. you could also look for a sr venture dx sled as well as it looks like the 2 up seat is removeable for solo riding.
thanks I will check those

I think it would work fine, but I would go with a 2017 or newer as there were some quirks with the first few years.
You may want to gear it a bit lower if you're ever in the chaincase if you're going to be hauling loads.
The mtx must be geared lower I guess

Back