• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

With a 1” track acceleration out of snow covered corners will be crap compared to a 1..25” track.
My old school SRX handles and accelerates much better with the 1.25” track. I could blow the .92” track away with 145hp, what do you think +200hp will do?
The reason they handle so much better is ride height is low.
Also I’ve not reached the point of laziness where I can’t get off the sled to adjust my clicker settings. Really not worth having electrical adjustable shocks, it’s just more stuff that can break. I.E the wires going to the shocks will probably fatigue and break fairly quickly from bending so much. IMO It’s just a gimmick feature.
I believe Ski Doo uses this type of rear adjustment on their enduro renegade for a few years, one of the spy engineers at Cat/Yamaha must of got and old blueprint of this system out of the garbage dumpster at the Ski Doo plant and refigured it for the pro cross, just genius innovation.

Doesn't Polaris have a competitive 4s in sidexside?

The polaris side by side motors are extremely unreliable. I supply apex engines to an outfit in AZ that puts them in rzr's. The polaris customers are blown away by the fact that apex motors have nearly 10k miles on them and can just obliterate the stock rzr motors in performance and reliability.

Skidoo is an air shock and only control the rear shock. The center and front get no adjustment

Just wait until one of those shocks isn’t adjusting properly and you need to buy a new one.....you will wish you had the old clicker shocks.

But atleast your buddies will be impressed when you show them you can adjust your shocks while riding! Hey that’s what really matters right?

It'll be just like Johnny Skeptical, in the video, when he adjusts his sled for that ' rough trail ahead'!lol
Actually, might have been bunny with the tunnel dial...

Last edited:
Polaris release at 7 pm Central time, and my dealer said 11am tomorrow for Yamaha...he thought..

I don’t play with my shocks ever anymore since they work well for everything I have encountered. But I have seen two people with the Qs3 not stop and take time to adjust for trail. One was hurt pretty bad. I think a button will allow adjusting on fly because I am not stopping when it gets rough to wait for someone to adjust unless they ask.

Expect a new turbo model outta the Poo plant. In true PooPoo fashion, it will be a 2stroker...turbo

I don’t play with my shocks ever anymore since they work well for everything I have encountered. But I have seen two people with the Qs3 not stop and take time to adjust for trail. One was hurt pretty bad. I think a button will allow adjusting on fly because I am not stopping when it gets rough to wait for someone to adjust unless they ask.

I found 5 clicks from full soft works best on the apex rear shock, in all conditions. Nice to have adjustments, but once dialed in, I leave them alone. SW set for handling/bump compromise, and works well on smoother trails, so what's to adjust once set up nice?
Now....a limiter strap adjuster without unbolting.....might like that. Doo had a knob years back, but hard to turn when iced up. Yeah....electronic limiter.....full out for max traction, full in for max ski transfer!

What time do we get the bad news tomorrow?
Wow I never thought about it that way! The Yamaha faithful could be worried about what we might see instead of being excited about it! That's just not right!

What time do we get the bad news tomorrow?

Hopefully the "bad news" is for Poo, Doo and AC, and Yamaha is going to release a new sled that shows it is reasserting itself as a major force in the snowmobile industry!!!! :yam:

Okay, well I can dream can't I?

You'd think the EPA would force the issue with tougher guidelines & heavier fines
Which is the real reason for the Doo 850, they have already had to increase displacement on Evinrude outboards to maintain HP ratings while keeping the EPA happy. My guess is the 850 will be detuned in the future to pass the next wave. Smart thinking though to introduce it last year and enjoy a few years of a higher HP rating. The sad part is it going to come to Direct Injection or Cat converts for 4 strokes to pass too.

Yes cats aren’t far off. STIHL has been using them on chainsaws for like 8 years now

From the Old Forge Events page, this weekends Snofest.
"Three major manufacturers: Arctic Cat, Polaris, and Ski Doo and will be at SNOFEST to premier their 2019 models."
Shows the pride Yamaha has in their new models.......

Yamaha didn't even bother showing up for the Snodeo in NH this weekend for the first time in 20 years. Nothing real new to see here...move along.

Back