• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

I think that is in replacement of their 1200. Maybe the future rules will be comming like ATV and could not have 1000cc +

Yeh 1200 is gone. Whether it is true or not.......I read it on the internet ;) but I knew the 1200 was co-developed by Rotax and another company that had F1 car racing ties. I thought it was McClaren but searching back on DooTalk a good 6 years ago it sounds like it was with Petronas, the big Malaysian oil, auto and engine tech outfit, along with some help from Cosworth, F1 race engine designers. Someone posted yesterday on another forum that BRP was paying royalties to Petronas for the motors in their sleds.

Not sure if any of this is true but the 1200 looks to be gone for now.

Yeh 1200 is gone. Whether it is true or not.......I read it on the internet ;) but I knew the 1200 was co-developed by Rotax and another company that had F1 car racing ties. I thought it was McClaren but searching back on DooTalk a good 6 years ago it sounds like it was with Petronas, the big Malaysian oil, auto and engine tech outfit, along with some help from Cosworth, F1 race engine designers. Someone posted yesterday on another forum that BRP was paying royalties to Petronas for the motors in their sleds.

Not sure if any of this is true but the 1200 looks to be gone for now.

The 1200 4tec and the 800 Etec are still available in the Expedition models. Its gone for all the other models.

The 1200 4tec and the 800 Etec are still available in the Expedition models. Its gone for all the other models.
Must be Ski Doo Canada, the USA site does show Expedition Extreme but with 800 ETec only. SO I was partially wrong.....

Thought it was very interesting that you can get the 900 turbo in the xrs renegade G4 platform.

I like the old dark yellow...almost orange from years back, on black, but the sled is nasty....tryng to incorporate some old blizzard styling cues , but it doesn't work, imo....lol.
2018-02-22 00.12.57.png

The 1200 still remains in the Expedition SE & LE models only, both U.S. & Canada.

The 1200 still remains in the Expedition SE & LE models only, both U.S. & Canada.

They must have updated the USA Ski Doo site. Yesterday all they showed was the Expedition Extreme which offers only the 800 motor. Today they show the other Expedition models like the SE and LE offering the 1200.....and also a 600 or 550F.

one is a pro cross chassis, the other could be a pure Yamaha chassis, looking at the back ends of the sleds the seats are different, and one sits lower, maybe a turbo sno scoot.

What I get from the whole teaser video is
New Yamaha chassis powered by a two stroke riding on the Cat suspension.
And it's geared towards racing.

Back