• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 release

No exhaust out the back? Must be no 4 cylinder.

No way the 998na triple is going beyond 130hp in its current form. Gear reduction or a Magic 10,000rpm+ clutch would be needed. Yes guys get the Nytro/Viper 1049 to 160hp+ but they don’t need to deal with the EPA, Noise pollution, or Warrenty claims. I would welcome a 998na Venom @ 120-125hp and a Yamaha ECU to replace the Viper in the lineup IF they have a 160 Class sled.

I agree 100% with you. It's a "new model" SRX which is really just BNG slapped on the winder.
Agree ... Maybe some lowered shocks, or special gearing for drag racing. Other than that, BNG and yawn for the rest of the lineup. Viper might get new plastics, but they should have had that last year. I'm not getting myself all worked up just to be disappointed. Been down that path too many times.

Heard that all 2019 sleds will be spring order only

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If you watch video closely the sled on left you can see srx handle bar pad so my thought they are bringing srx back with olins shock package or something just my thoughts .

If you remember the first teaser photo for the sidewinder - (tracks in the sand) it was all about the name only. I wouldn't speculate beyond that at this point. But then again, I might...

I'll take twin pipes even if they don't work, it just looks awesome ;)

The SRX or "little blue go cart" as we referred to them in the '98-2002 era were one of my favorites. Probably a good guess that the name is coming back. But no way is it going to be a top dog sled, faster than the sidewinder. Yamaha doesn't work that way. They focus on a different class each time they come out with something new. The Sidewinder will be the top hp sled for awhile. I'm surprised if they don't replace something for the phazer. But a sled with the NA version of the 998 seems likely. What's confusing to me is that the SRX was the top hp sled in that time. So, not sure why they'd use that name in lower hp class. Then again maybe I know nothing. Lol

The SRX 700 was a benchmark in its day and a very successful platform. Maybe Yamaha is just trying to associate the new sled with the success and popularity the SRX brought to Yamaha. Now if they would release another teaser video with the 84 Phazer then I'd really be excited for an industry changing new sled coming! Ha.

The sled chassis in the vid on the right is pro cross, the one on the left ...hmm, looks like a different chassis, tail light, snowflap, side view of chassis looks diferent from the pro cross chassis on right, rear bumper and chassis is not swept upwards like the pro cross, could this be a new pure Yamaha chassis.

Doesn't Y already have the SRX in there line up. The 120, lol. Using an iconic name like SRX on a 120. Lol.

The sled chassis in the vid on the right is pro cross, the one on the left ...hmm, looks like a different chassis, tail light, snowflap, side view of chassis looks diferent from the pro cross chassis on right, rear bumper and chassis is not swept upwards like the pro cross, could this be a new pure Yamaha chassis.

Yep that one on the left sure is the pure new "1997" trailing arm chassis.

Back