• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's decent.. ice scratchers down and if it's hard packed you will get a dirtbike kinda feel with the track more "sloppy" than normal.. takes a few hours before it's normal
How about heat issues?They have the small cooler right?Do you have any issues overheating on the trails /hard packed trails or spring riding?My Viper does fine but the rad seems to help alot as long as im moving.I always hear how the polaris run hot on the trails and have riden with one that ran hot in good conditions.I havent heard much about the Cat mountain sleds.

Last edited:

mine got warm for a couple of minutes on hard pack and no scratchers, had me a bit concerned for a minute as I was miles out riding alone...turned it around and got into softer snow and it went away and cooled right down. Put the scratchers on and no problem after that.
can't wait to Gaspe..Looking forward to OCD"s report. Have fun!!

I Had an 04 and loved the way it’s handled and the motor . Had lots of issues with brakes and rear end seals etc. best part was the thing didn’t rust at all. now have a A 16 Chevy 1500. 5.3 in comparison I’m at 70k miles and haven’t spent a dime on maintenance, and it’s great on fuel 21-23 mpg . Motor no where near as strong as the Titan though . Since they added the 9 speed in the Titan and the upgrades to the interior I could be persuaded as long as they’ve fixed the brake and rear end issues
Most Everything was fixed by 2007 . I had an 06 and not a problem for 140 k . It did fix the vent on the rear axel and did have to do the brakes but other than the exhaust nothing was done to it ! Best stereo I have ever heard in any auto !! I had the LE with the updated Rockford Fosgate stereo! The 18 has a seven speed transmission and a 390 HP direct injected motor. And five year 100k bumper to bumper warranty! Can’t go wrong

I think the 2021 Yamacat 2 strokes & beyond will mean more to everyone once Yamaha and Ac/Textron finally admits to the buyout of AC sled division by Yamaha.

Just looking at it with my goggles.

Got any proof to that statement since you are a dealer?
What color goggles you looking thru or are they just smoked?!

mine got warm for a couple of minutes on hard pack and no scratchers, had me a bit concerned for a minute as I was miles out riding alone...turned it around and got into softer snow and it went away and cooled right down. Put the scratchers on and no problem after that.
can't wait to Gaspe..Looking forward to OCD"s report. Have fun!!
When are you going to the Gaspe? I just got back.

Got any proof to that statement since you are a dealer?
What color goggles you looking thru or are they just smoked?!
I believe he’s joking can’t acquire companies and not announce to stockholders. Lol. Yamaha likes the current arrangement the future is more of the same.

Remember everytime you guys say your sidewinder is the greatest handling,riding,best seating position sled out there your just giving a huge complement to cat. I guess that is what i question. Im not saying the sidewinder isnt all those things but not being designed by yamaha its hard to hear this without questioning the statement. Its hard to here such praise when a majority of the sled is not made by yamaha. Yamha can make a great engine in their sleep, but a chassis can be even tougher with so many peoples opinion on what feels right to them. So on the sidewinder and viper i feel most of the compliment should go to cat.

At least Cat can build something that has a decent suspension. It's a good thing that Yamaha was able to team up with Cat because other wise we would all be still on the Apex. Oh wait, most of the people that despise the Pro Cross are still riding them. I'll say this again the Viper and Winder are not perfect but they are the fastest(Winder)and best handling Yamaha's to date. It also looks to continue into the future, so ya either go along with it or move on to something else. There sure as hell is no perfect snowmachine out there but if you think there is than please go buy one. The complaing and down grading Yamaha is getting to be pathetic.

Remember everytime you guys say your sidewinder is the greatest handling,riding,best seating position sled out there your just giving a huge complement to cat. I guess that is what i question. Im not saying the sidewinder isnt all those things but not being designed by yamaha its hard to hear this without questioning the statement. Its hard to here such praise when a majority of the sled is not made by yamaha. Yamha can make a great engine in their sleep, but a chassis can be even tougher with so many peoples opinion on what feels right to them. So on the sidewinder and viper i feel most of the compliment should go to cat.
What, you think everyone here doesn't know this? Are you just commenting to rub our noses in it? So what. It's been seven years and almost everyone has come around and accepted it. It is a great package. Good job Cat! There, feel better?
In addition, even Yamaha realized the chassis, suspension and riding position is better or they wouldn't have asked for it.
Let's move on and try to stay on topic(which is never easy).

If this thread makes it to 100 pages it will be a miracle. My finger has moved to the Lock button so many times I lost count! But its is what it is. Keep in mind we are all Snowmobilers. We help each other out no matter what. So anyone a Textron or Yamaha Stockholder?

I do not know if I am or not. But if I am, I know it has been cut in half, price wise for all the craziness going on right now! LOL. I think the product line is good, but an all Yamaha sled in the mix would be a breath of fresh air.

If this thread makes it to 100 pages it will be a miracle. My finger has moved to the Lock button so many times I lost count! But its is what it is. Keep in mind we are all Snowmobilers. We help each other out no matter what. So anyone a Textron or Yamaha Stockholder?

LMAO.. let them run.. good traffic..we hit 100 we can lock it up but then what would they talk about all summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back