• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Yamaha North America disagreement with mother Japan was the latest rumor I heard.

Care to elaborate on the disagreement rumor?

From what I understand they have to agree on a cost to purchase from Japan to North America. I know it sounds weird don't it? Again a rumor or maybe a better explanation, a rumored reason why you might not see a new Yamaha frame. I believe they might have a new designed frame ready to go but the cost of building it and where it would be built is being debated between the bean counters of the two Yamaha entities.

From what I understand they have to agree on a cost to purchase from Japan to North America. I know it sounds weird don't it? Again a rumor or maybe a better explanation, a rumored reason why you might not see a new Yamaha frame. I believe they might have a new designed frame ready to go but the cost of building it and where it would be built is being debated between the bean counters of the two Yamaha entities.
So how does this rumor fit with the rumor Textron accepted a Yamaha offer for the AC snow division?

I believe that there is some disagreement between Yamaha Motor North America and Yamaha Japan that has to be settled first before you see new Japan designed frames! Remember the bigger the ship the harder it is to turn! If you dropped your lunch box off a ship, (Yamaha), you would be less likely to turn around and go get it than you would if you dropped it off a 22' bass boat, (Polaris)! Yamaha Motor Corp is still a motor company first!
told ya someone would have to say it!!!!!LOL LOL

HERE WE GO... ENGINE BUILDER ,RUMORS,:home:!!!!LOL

Rumors! All rumors! At this point who really cares anymore! We will never get a straight honest answer to anything till if it actually happens!

Remember the bigger the ship the harder it is to turn! If you dropped your lunch box off a ship, (Yamaha), you would be less likely to turn around and go get it than you would if you dropped it off a 22' bass boat, (Polaris)!

When I loose my hat when i'm out in the boat, weather I turn around or not depends on how bad I have to pee!

Yamaha disappointing release again but I didn’t give up on them so I had to do it because the price was right and bought my first brand new sled since 1999 and wrote a check for a new left over 2018 Vector picking it up tomorrow morning

What did you end paying for it if you dont't mine out the door.

Last edited:
There are a lot of rumors with Arctic cat, that of course tie into the future of Yamaha snowmobiles. So we all know Arctic cat is eliminating past inventory build up. They have changed the name of the side by sides, and the factory back to Arctic cat. Which all signals a possible sale, or restructuring . There are the rumors floating that Bass pro may be inline to purchase the side by side business from Textron with the Arctic cat name. If that is true, it leaves the Snowmobile division up for grabs. Textron bought Arctic cat for a song. The plant itself and the dealership network is worth more than the purchase price. So now "IF" Yamaha steps in to purchase the Arctic cat snowmobile division, there has to be some questions to the Yamaha faithful. Would you look at the snowmobiles differently if there was no Arctic cat? Say all of the Arctic cat designs after a supposed purchase had a name change to Yamaha. Yamaha would own them outright, the chassis, the engineering, engines etc, and add their quality control. So would you look at that scenario differently than the latest rebadging of the 600 c-tec Yamaha just did for 2020? This thought popped in my head when I saw that there was a poll going around YouTube by STV asking if you would think of purchasing a Yamaha SRX with a 600 C-tec in it. First of all the SRX name needs more than a 600 in it. You may be able to pull that off with a SXR badge, but definitely not an SRX. Of course anything less than a Yamaha power plant under the hood would be sacrilegious to all Yamaha fans. So what I'm eluding to is, if Yamaha does buy Cat are they fishing with this poll from STV and OSM to see if we will buy a Yamaha named sled with a previously designed Arctic cat motor in it, after the name has been switched to Yamaha? That is what the arrows are pointing at. One of these two companies will have to make a move soon or later. They both can't keep dropping in sales and market share to Polaris and Ski doo. It will be interesting to see what happens for sure.
Arctic Cat Side by sides to Bass Pro
Yamaha name change to all Cats to Yamaha???? Could it happen?

There are a lot of rumors with Arctic cat, that of course tie into the future of Yamaha snowmobiles. So we all know Arctic cat is eliminating past inventory build up. They have changed the name of the side by sides, and the factory back to Arctic cat. Which all signals apossible sale, or restructuring . There are the rumors floating that Bass pro may be inline to purchase the side by side business from Textron with the Arctic cat name. If that is true, it leaves the Snowmobile division up for grabs. Textron bought Arctic cat for a song. The plant itself and the dealership network is worth more than the purchase price. So now "IF" Yamaha steps in to purchase the Arctic cat snowmobile division, there has to be some questions to the Yamaha faithful. Would you look at the snowmobiles differently if there was no Arctic cat? Say all of the Arctic cat designs after a supposed purchase had a name change to Yamaha. Yamaha would own them outright, the chassis, the engineering, engines etc, and add their quality control. So would you look at that scenario differently than the latest rebadging of the 600 c-tec Yamaha just did for 2020? This thought popped in my head when I saw that there was a poll going around YouTube by STV asking if you would think of purchasing a Yamaha SRX with a 600 C-tec in it. First of all the SRX name needs more than a 600 in it. You may be able to pull that off with a SXR badge, but definitely not an SRX. Of course anything less than a Yamaha power plant under the hood would be sacrilegious to all Yamaha fans. So what I'm eluding to is, if Yamaha does buy Cat are they fishing with this poll from STV and OSM to see if we will buy a Yamaha named sled with a previously designed Arctic cat motor in it, after the name has been switched to Yamaha? That is what the arrows are pointing at. One of these two companies will have to make a move soon or later. They both can't keep dropping in sales and market share to Polaris and Ski doo. It will be interesting to see what happens for sure.
Arctic Cat Side by sides to Bass Pro
Yamaha name change to all Cats to Yamaha???? Could it happen?
Like i said people talking above pay grade..you can guess all you want...yamaha is going nowhere..do your homework and quit trying to spread rumors to stuff you have not 1 fact to back up!!!you guys love drama aka "as the engine builder turns"LOL

I agree Textron/Yamaha agreement has to evolve to something else and Yamaha AC snow division buyout is very logical. Sure AC fans would buy a Yamaha with a ctec no matter what you call the model. But in my mind buying TRF has nothing to do with their AC engine plants and Yamaha wouldn’t be interested in AC engine technologies.

Like i said people talking above pay grade..you can guess all you want...yamaha is going nowhere..do your homework and quit trying to spread rumors to stuff you have not 1 fact to back up!!!you guys love drama aka "as the engine builder turns"LOL
I've never said Yamaha was going anywhere. If anything Cat would be disappearing well before Yamaha in my opinion, but for now all these threads are guesses and opinions.

Man o man don't you guys get sick and tired of talking about this stuff, non of you have anything backing your statements it's all fake news. Please give it a rest.

Anybody that thinks ho hum Yamaha and Textron will never change their philosophy isn’t paying attention to how the agreement has evolved in 5 years. The agreement peaked with AC ownership and has been slipping and sliding since Textron took over ownership. Makes sense to me that Textron doesn’t give a crap about snow business more of a pita to them not why they bought AC. Textron probably looking for the most profitable out they can tolerate but Yamaha unwilling to pay the acquisition price. Also have to realize Yamaha would need to retool a new chassis as procross is old in the tooth. No easy path here for Yamaha or Textron to move forward. Imo. If Yamaha is willing to tool up for a new chassis then Textron has nothing but a real estate deal for Yamaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back