• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought.. is it straight line that already has a turbo kit for the 850 for the flat landers, 200hp on pump gas, not sure how reliable it is though.

There are plenty of aftermarket turbo options for all of them. But a factory turbo always brings out the guys who want to spend a ton of cash and get it all in one place from the dealer with factory warranty. Plenty of fence sitters out there just waiting for that.

A good friend just got back from the mountains to test ride his new 2020.5 850T Summit. Loved it, and waited for it to come out. Got back to MN, and his boss asked his opinion and proceeded to purchase the remaining two and new trailer from the same dealer. Both of them just fence sitters with cash waiting for the factory turbo.

Look how many guys were watching the results of turbo'd Vipers, and jumped at the Sidewinder the day it was announced for spring order. They could have had a Turbo Viper years prior.

Though they just came out with the mountain 850T for the lake application I would still be willing to bet they bumped up the power on the 900T to be close to a stock Winder. On the Maverick SxS it is now rated at 195 HP and it uses a slightly larger blower. I could see this being the most likely case. The problem is the bulk of the Winders I see already have them flashed to 250,265,270,290, 320......etc. I don't see the 900T able to reach those HP levels without doing a bunch more work to it.
Maybe they will bump it 100cc's also

Do me a favor and lift a ski off the ground on your new Venture and check the side to side movement to see how far the ski moves. I have a 14 Vector and 15 Venture GT with stock tuners and there is a lot of movement which seems odd to me. The Venture only has 3500 miles. I tried to attach a video but it doesn't work.
Every real Yamaha I have had--2005 Rx-1, 2005 Rage, Phazer, 2012 Apex, 2008 Nytro--has needed front suspension bushings by 1500 miles. All my buddies sleds were the same. Install the oilite bushings and they last much longer.
I have installed them on at least 8 sleds.

47405077-5574-46AB-B945-73EB50C1EB0A.jpeg

looks like enticer handlebars

Hey Biff do these fence sitters go out west a lot, that sure is a lot of coin to drop on a couple of sleds and trailer to only use a couple times a year. Did they say how it ran at low elevation i think they will be disappointed if that's were they plan on riding them.

Will do
Do me a favor and lift a ski off the ground on your new Venture and check the side to side movement to see how far the ski moves. I have a 14 Vector and 15 Venture GT with stock tuners and there is a lot of movement which seems odd to me. The Venture only has 3500 miles. I tried to attach a video but it doesn't work.

Hey Biff do these fence sitters go out west a lot, that sure is a lot of coin to drop on a couple of sleds and trailer to only use a couple times a year. Did they say how it ran at low elevation i think they will be disappointed if that's were they plan on riding them.

There are so many guys in our region that buy mountain sleds only to travel out west. It makes me damn sick for sure. Yes, they are well aware of their sea level performance. In fact, my buddy just put his FreeRide 850 154" up for sale once he got back with his new 850T Summit. He knew going in that it would perform exactly like his current sled at sea level, but would be much better at elevation. He has no intentions of riding it locally.

He rode one time with us in MN with his FreeRide this year. He clutched it for local riding. But that was only because we had just received a 15" dump of new snow. Otherwise, they sit between mountain trips.

Way back when I bought my Apex XTX, it was purchased by a guy who thought he was buying a mountain sled. Put on 198 miles and traded it in for a real mountain sled. The dealer thought he wanted a trail/crossover sled. It blows me away how many mountain specific sleds are sold locally here! 90% of them will never see MN snow!!

So to answer your question, these new Doo's are designed to perform like a stock 850 at sea level, and wick up when needed at elevation. It truly is not just marketing hype, and not the same as just adding an aftermarket turbo on a current sled. My buddy was pitched hard by the BRP guys obviously.

I was gona say bravo as well, just didn’t think they would bring back a bravo with a 400cc engine. Enticer seems to make more sense. But yes, it could be either

You guys the pic is irrelevant. No modern sled would have old school bars on it. It’s the spirit of the pic.

Exactly. Anyone notice the old school mechanical brake lever in the pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back