• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 sidewinder Ltx-se rear suspension top and bottom home difference

What is the advantage to this?[/QUOTE
What is the advantage to this?
Main reason I did this too is I had to crank the centre spring to take weight off the front to lighten up the steering effort but I killed my plushness in the rear suspension doing this..
Now with bolt moved to the upper hole I have little preload in centre spring and rear suspension rides nice and steering effort is minimal..
Also like other guys have said and with mine the track doesn’t sit flat/parallel to ground when it’s in the lower hole, now with the suspension moved my whole length of the track is in contact with the ground.

Ok fellas I loosened up front springs and did the rebound setting everyone said to do. Now I moved this bolt up to top hole. I'm leaving in morning to to for the weekend and don't want to be off to bad on set up. Am I gonna be close or gonna push bad? Thing is big group of hard riders and don't want to be out to lunch! Thanks
What rebound setting?let me know

Just set mine down on the garage floor after moving it to the top hole. Noticed right away less sag when sitting on it. Will know more this weekend.

What models came with the bolt in the bottom hole? Thundercats and my 17 RTX are all in the top hole

What models came with the bolt in the bottom hole? Thundercats and my 17 RTX are all in the top hole
When they switched to the new front end in 2020 they also put the rear suspension in the lower hole.

Does this make it transfer any better?
Yes.. my ltx always felt glued to the trail no matter how much throttle or how firm the trails were..
Now you feel the weight transfer more..

My last ride with hellflyer, he confirmed skis were in the air on a rail bed ;)..

When they switched to the new front end in 2020 they also put the rear suspension in the lower hole.
But Cat did not, the Thundercats are in the top hole.

But Cat did not, the Thundercats are in the top hole.
Exactly.. all the 20’s and 21’s cats I’ve seen on the trail have the suspension in the upper hole. Nobody knows why Yamaha decided to go to the lower hole, it is a cat design after all..

Even though the holes are close together it makes a big difference between the two locations. Like I said before on my ltx in lower hole the track doesn’t sit flat on the ground, on upper hole it does.. weird..

I believe all ARCs front ends. My 20 SRX is like this.

Prolly a dumb question, but can this be done on the 14-19 vipers?
All '14 - '19 Vipers already have the rear suspension mounted in the top hole. It's the Yamaha's '20 - '21's that have the suspension mounted in the bottom hole, which some people are moving to the top for a better ride. Arctic Cat has kept all their years '14 - '21 in the top hole.

So this is the big question that has been unanswered as why Yamaha has the +2020's with the ARCII front-end mounted in the bottom hole while the Arctic Cat's +2020 with same ARCII front-end have theirs mounted in upper hole like all previous years.

Back