• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 sidewinder Ltx-se rear suspension top and bottom home difference

There is a whole nother thread on this suspension bolts deal. Here is the low down 17 thru 19 Winders and Vipers use the upper hole 20 and newer use the bottom hole. This is only on the Yamaha's and this is something Yamaha came up with not Cat but nobody knows the reason. All the Cats use the upper hole so if you have a 20 or newer Winder or Viper do yourself a favor and move your rear suspension bolts to the upper hole.

I did this yesterday and my sled seems to run consistently cooler. My skis seem to be biting more judging from the pressure to steer, so may have to increase my front suspension spring pressure.

There is a whole nother thread on this suspension bolts deal. Here is the low down 17 thru 19 Winders and Vipers use the upper hole 20 and newer use the bottom hole. This is only on the Yamaha's and this is something Yamaha came up with not Cat but nobody knows the reason. All the Cats use the upper hole so if you have a 20 or newer Winder or Viper do yourself a favor and move your rear suspension bolts to the upper hole.

wow that’s really interesting. I would love to know the reasoning for the difference. I’m gonna leave mine in the factory position for now because I’m happy with the way it works but would still love an explanation.

Would it make much difference in the amount or tunnel clearance for studs or anything?

Put on 200 miles with it in the upper hole. Definitely handled different but I'm happy with the result. Hard to say if it is better or worse, I only had 150 miles on the original setup.

What hole are you running your limiter straps in?

What hole are you running your limiter straps in?

Not sure if you're asking me, but mine is in the stock location, which I believe is the longest hole.

My 2020 had one hole to go from factory but is almost covered by the washer so hard to see.

This is my limiter straps. Stock location. 2021 LTX GT.

20210305_200736~2.jpg

Back