• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022... disappointed!

Has anyone heard this rumour or coincidence ?

That when Cat brings out a new clutch ,primary or secondary that the next year following their is a new chassis/platform that is released?

from what I’ve heard this has happened a few times.

but hell I’ve been waiting 8 years so far
So does it really matter anymore

time will tell.

Has anyone heard this rumour or coincidence? That when Cat brings out a new clutch ,primary or secondary that the next year following their is a new chassis/platform that is released? From what I’ve heard this has happened a few times, .but hell I’ve been waiting 8 years so far. So does it really matter anymore, time will tell.

I've not heard that rumor or ever payed any attention to what Arctic Cat does until they started collaborating with Yamaha. Since Cat has developed their new ADAPT clutch system that is 25mm narrower than their current clutch and are using it on select 2022 models you can count on them to take full advantage of this in MY23.

I'm not sure if their new narrower body style will be used on just the Mountain segment in MY23 or if they will expand it to the trail segment right away or wait another year before releasing it, but this new narrow ADAPT is just the first step in a new narrow platform that should level the playing field with Ski Doo and Polaris in the Mountain segment the following year.

It will be interesting to see how much will be shared with Yamaha.

I am not disappointed by the 2022 release. Except for the Viper does not get EPS. And lack of the YCCT throttle. In fact I would love to order a Sidewinder. With EPS. Thanks to this site I feel I could keep on top of the Cat DNA as you call it. But they want about $15 hundred dollars less for one Sidewinder. Than I paid for two brand new Vectors. So call me cheap if you want. I believe what you guys are saying about the Sidewinder or Procross ride. Even my Wife commented this season. That if you sat higher on the sled you would be more comfortable. She is 5’2”. Lol! I still feel that the updated air shock kicks #*$&@! On the Singleshot. And based upon reviews many years ago. On Team Fasts reviews on their Assualt front air shocks. From Sno Tech Magazine. Could be the answer. To the scorned Delta Box chassis. Just saying don’t count your chickens before they are hatched. Any way love this site! P. S. If you can figure how to ride on air reliably. You would have the Cats #*$&@! I base this upon my previous ownership of a 2001 Range Rover. It was a much better ride than my 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. But it was not reliable. Air is the answer as far as I am concerned. Just need to make it reliable. Thanks to Team Fast!

Last edited:
Craig Kennedy has resigned from Cat, has joined Argo, he was Cats main man, wonder what's up with that, maybe Textron has a shocking announcement coming.

Craig Kennedy has resigned from Cat, has joined Argo, he was Cats main man, wonder what's up with that, maybe Textron has a shocking announcement coming.
Not the main man, vice president. Wouldn't read to much into it. Unless Textron is buying Argo.....

Not the main man, vice president. Wouldn't read to much into it. Unless Textron is buying Argo.....
Seems like a lot of the old Cat executive's have moved to Argo.

I think one of Cats old executives is there, he seems to be luring the old guard to Argo.
There is some discussion on what kind of job Kennedy was really doing for Cat, some say good , some not so much.

I would be more interested in who is doing what for Yamaha.........

I think one of Cats old executives is there, he seems to be luring the old guard to Argo.
There is some discussion on what kind of job Kennedy was really doing for Cat, some say good , some not so much.

I would be more interested in who is doing what for Yamaha.........
That would be Jaret I think, he's one of the head track kickers.

Is he a decision maker?

When I wrote this post, I was not saying I dislike the current sleds Yamaha produce, I own a Sidewinder and love it for what it is, a fast, comfortable, and awesome trail sled. This is my absolute favorite sled of all time! I wanted a second sled that I can play a little off trail and that my wife can ride when she goes occasionally. It seems to me that the market is right for these 50\50 crossover sleds as Arctic Cat has the Riot, Ski Doo has the Back Country, and Polaris has the Assault. I am a Yamaha guy and would love to see a Yamaha 50/50 crossover sled. That is the disappointment I was referring to. Not Yamaha in general with the current available sleds. I just was hoping for an addition to the current line up. I ended up buying a Polaris Assault and I wish it were a Yamaha but I guess such as life. Certainly was not trying to offend anyone. I guess the title of this post could have been a little more subtle... lol.

Year after Year I tune into the release. And year after year I am disappointed.
Yamaha needs a Rev kinda year like ‘03 was.
Something that will knock us off our a-s and say didn’t see that comming.

Year after Year I tune into the release. And year after year I am disappointed.
Yamaha needs a Rev kinda year like ‘03 was.
Something that will knock us off our a-s and say didn’t see that comming.
They did with EPS

Back