• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022... disappointed!

Since I'll have a doo now too (my first) I better keep an eye out on the yellow forum.

After the season is over, "I'm going thru horsepower withdrawls" never said by a 900t owner!

I came off a SR Viper and went to a 900T for this past winter. I would have went Sidewinder because I believe Yamaha engines are better and wanted the power. However, I just don’t have the time to deal with driveshaft issues, chaincase issue etc. I loved the chassis, the looks of the Viper/Sidewinder and of course the engines but at my age (48) and with all I have to do around the house and kids in sports The thought of dealing with all issues was too daunting. Yamaha just fix that stuff and I will be back. I just want basic maintenance and to ride these days.

I came off a SR Viper and went to a 900T for this past winter. I would have went Sidewinder because I believe Yamaha engines are better and wanted the power. However, I just don’t have the time to deal with driveshaft issues, chaincase issue etc. I loved the chassis, the looks of the Viper/Sidewinder and of course the engines but at my age (48) and with all I have to do around the house and kids in sports The thought of dealing with all issues was too daunting. Yamaha just fix that stuff and I will be back. I just want basic maintenance and to ride these days.
I have a sidewinder and have had no real issues..if you have the resources then you don't have to wrench at all...I've rode Rangeley, Millinockett and Bethel area and didn't see one Yamaha broke down of had the side panel off...saw plenty of ski doo's having issues though. maybe I missed something..my thoughts are maybe you can cancel your Doo order and get the Sidewinder you really want..still time for spring orders. Just a thought..I got to say you're on the right site for discussing the Yamaha brand. Joe

So, how was the doo?

Not a chance on that price of 13 and change. For a renegade sport maybe.

GARGANO'S in New Hampshire spring order
Renegade Adrenaline 900R 137" Ripsaw II
$13,150 OTD
NO Tax
NO Service Fees
NO Administration Fees
NO Set Up fees

OTD=Out the Door

GARGANO'S in New Hampshire spring order
Renegade Adrenaline 900R 137" Ripsaw II
$13,150 OTD
NO Tax
NO Service Fees
NO Administration Fees
NO Set Up fees

OTD=Out the Door

wow no tax. That’s a biggie. How’d ya work that? Everything around here is just tax out the door, no other fees but wasn’t at 13,100 OTD around here. But that’s for a 850. Is the turbo option cheaper maybe?

Nice sled Steve. It's nice that Ski Doo offers buyers a choice. If you don't need the latest and greatest Hi-Zoot shock package, launch control, but can still order a decent sled with the new turbo motor package with a proven suspension package....why not save some money? I wish that Yamaha offered the Spring buyers more choices, but it is what it is.

Good choice for your riding. I know that you put on some monster mileage every year and I wish you the best of luck.

PS.....A SideWinder is still going to eat your sled for lunch:)

It's all good!

Cheers.

The Sidewinder is MUCH nicer looking! I'll admit that.
I actually think the 900T is kinda ugly.
But i would take an ugly girl with a small tooshy & tight abs over a pretty Heifer anyways.

I believe the Winder is gonna take this thing on top, but i'm feeling in the trails, which is mostly low to mid range, the 900 is gonna run it.
I believe this cuz of my buds' 900 with 195 hp tune.
It is a MUCH better trail sled IMO. But the throttle sucked. Hopefully they improved it.

I got the bottom line shock package because my plain shocks on the 600 worked so well.

Yamaha NEEDS to give options on their line up.
Track choice is one example...

wow no tax. That’s a biggie. How’d ya work that?
no tax in New Hampshire.
That about $1600 off MSRP.
I have heard good things about Garneaus Garage. No personal experience.

So, how was the doo?
It was all around pretty solid. Power/speed I would put it pretty close to my old Apex but I think in sport mode it would pull the Apex to 100mph. Suspension was exactly what we hear. Rmotion amazing but procross front far better. Seating and Ergo’s I preferred the Viper but not by a lot. It has its faults. Gas gauge is a joke, headlight is a joke (I replaced them). I never got the suspension as dialed in as I did my Viper but I am going Elka shocks for next year and that should help. I will say that even though they are very expensive all the linq accessories are nice to have.

I snowchecked one for the wife but secretly just as exited to try it. Got her the biggest linq bag I could find. It uses all 4 brackets. lol

I snowchecked one for the wife but secretly just as exited to try it. Got her the biggest linq bag I could find. It uses all 4 brackets. lol
Didn’t realize you are from Ottawa. Ottawa is my home town. Work took me south of the border the last 18 Year’s. Lived in Osgood and Richmond my last few years. Miss riding from garage every night. You will enjoy the 900T. throttle is strange but took a day to be comfortable with.

Back