• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Sidewinder ltx eps - getting rid of push

You said normal suspension adjustments.. did you pull your limiter straps up any from stock setting? I've always had to pull mine 2 holes to get any decent bite regardless of what i was using for runners
Yes limiter pulled in to tightest setting. I am going to poke a hole and go even tighter now to get more weight on front. Center shock had NO tension on it. The steering will never feel heavy because of power steering. I might give up on this stryke ski and try the 5.7R

Wait a minute, I just looked up this Qualipiece 12" dual carbide. dual-carbide-runner-12

These dual carbides like this are never going to turn and push in every corner no matter how much pressure you put on the skis. They are the problem, not the ski. Dual carbides push no matter the brand. The ONLY good thing about them is they dont dart. They pack with snow a push in all conditions. I quit using them way back when.

You dont need skis at all. You need different carbides to go around a corner. Dual carbides are only good for going slow period. No amount of tweaking is going to make them corner, and ANY ski they go on will push.

I have a new to me 22 LTX GT eps that I am trying to get rid of push. Might need to switch skis up. Am running 12” offset carbides from qualipiece and a lot of weight on front skis plus normal suspension adjustments that I do. Will need to start testing other combos but I had hoped these Stryke skis would be better. My last sled was a 2019 xf9000 and I had it dialed in with. Pilot 5.7r race skis.

So my question is do I swap skis and to what? I have some pilot 6.9s to try again as well as those 5.7r. I was really hoping the Stryke ski was decent since it’s apparently comparable to a cat ski but so far not feeling it even with big carbides.
I have over 30,000kms on this chassis over the years so am no stranger to making it handle well.
I see some people have swapped to mountain cat ski with deeper keel, how does that compare to a pilot? I have $300 in these carbides already so would be nice to be able to reuse them.

Which qualipieces model is this?

Yes limiter pulled in to tightest setting. I am going to poke a hole and go even tighter now to get more weight on front. Center shock had NO tension on it. The steering will never feel heavy because of power steering. I might give up on this stryke ski and try the 5.7R
You shouldn’t have to shorten the limiter strap beyond factory settings. You kill suspension travel the sorter you go, like said above it’s the carbide not the skis causing the push.

Snowtracker Aggressive carbides is the route I'd go.

Has anyone used them on the Strike yet? Hopefully they work better on the Strike ski than the Cat ski. I refuse to run them on the Cat ski, but work really good on any of the Doo skis I know as thats what I currently run.
Aggressive on Stryke skis here. Love it.

Wait a minute, I just looked up this Qualipiece 12" dual carbide. dual-carbide-runner-12

These dual carbides like this are never going to turn and push in every corner no matter how much pressure you put on the skis. They are the problem, not the ski. Dual carbides push no matter the brand. The ONLY good thing about them is they dont dart. They pack with snow a push in all conditions. I quit using them way back when.

You dont need skis at all. You need different carbides to go around a corner. Dual carbides are only good for going slow period. No amount of tweaking is going to make them corner, and ANY ski they go on will push.
Hmmm...maybe that's it? I have never run dual carbides as this is the first time, these are the offset ones that I heard were good. I do agree they dont dart. I will deal with a little dart if I can get rid of the push! Typically I have run long single bars, like Woody's ace. Sounds like I need to go back to one of those and try before swapping skis. In theory these are single keel so should work like a Cat or 5.7R ski.

Don't seem to offset to me? The stock stryke carbides are offset and seems better to prevent snow packing up in between.
Qualipiece 12"

1673363936195.png

Stryke Stock Carbide

Last edited:
Don't seem to offset to me?

double-carbide-runner-mission-12-inches_400x400.jpg

Exactly, when I heard offset, I was thinking like the stock cat offset carbides. Aren't the stock carbides offset like the Cat ones. Even they would be better than these dual carbides.

Hmmm...maybe that's it? I have never run dual carbides as this is the first time, these are the offset ones that I heard were good. I do agree they dont dart. I will deal with a little dart if I can get rid of the push! Typically I have run long single bars, like Woody's ace. Sounds like I need to go back to one of those and try before swapping skis. In theory these are single keel so should work like a Cat or 5.7R ski.

A single carbide will dart. The Qualipieces adventure is their version of the snowtracker (anti-dart). It has the plate in front of the carbide to reduce darting (similar to snowtracker) but lacks the correction plates (u shaped plates) and the profile is shorter so it should not require any suspension adjustments over stock.

Don't seem to offset to me? The stock stryke carbides are offset and seems better to prevent snow packing up in between.
Qualipiece 12"

View attachment 170717

Stryke Stock Carbide
YEs this is what they Mission offset look like, just like the stock carbide except 12 inch total carbide. The pic on Qualipiece with the link above is not correct, I am running the offset ones.

Back