• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2025 Yamaha Snowmobile Speculation

You have this one back now or is it still at Pat’s?
It's a long story but I ended up getting the SRX back. I've made a few changes with the looks of the sled and a few other things since I got it back. The sled will be at Hay Days in the RoxSpeedFX booth in September.

Last edited:

I expect lower production numbers, to meet the production capacity needs of Cat and fulfill the obligation of Yam. Otherwise, just the same sleds (or fewer models) with new graphics. Maybe a “final edition” badge.
This. It'll just be a few Sidewinder models and maybe one Viper. I expect the re-badged 2 strokes and kids sleds to be gone. Specs will be identical to the 2024 with some "final edition" color and graphics treatments. You can dream all you want, but they are not going to invest one more penny into anything, but BNG at this point.

Hoping for blue and white myself. I really hope Yamaha allocates to dealers and let's dealers distribute. This will help ensure that they end up in the hands of true blue customers!

Hoping for blue and white myself. I really hope Yamaha allocates to dealers and lets dealers distribute. This will help ensure that they end up in the hands of true blue customers!
Sounds nice, but many dealers will drop the snow segment from their franchise. Sleds aren’t big profit for dealers, so they’ll move on and invest themselves into another product with more profit and growth potential.

Sounds nice, but many dealers will drop the snow segment from their franchise. Sleds aren’t big profit for dealers, so they’ll move on and invest themselves into another product with more profit and growth potential.
Yamaha corporate would have closed up the snowmobile division after the 2024 model year if there wasn't a contract with Cat still in place they needed to finish out. There will be little to no effort put into the 2025 model year.

I am expecting parts bin specials with extremely limited quantities.

I’d love to see them go out by paying homage to some of the greatest sleds they ever made with special color schemes.

I suspect they will go out with a whimper not with a bang. They will use up the parts bins, perhaps create a "final edition" with some cool decals and say "sayonara".

This. It'll just be a few Sidewinder models and maybe one Viper. I expect the re-badged 2 strokes and kids sleds to be gone. Specs will be identical to the 2024 with some "final edition" color and graphics treatments. You can dream all you want, but they are not going to invest one more penny into anything, but BNG at this point.
Agree 100%

I would love to see that. I'd order one in a heartbeat to match my '02 SRX...

View attachment 172963

Since MY25 will be the last hurrah for their snowmobiles I'm hoping that they choose to go full circle and pay homage to their heritage colors of red/white/black.
Don, What the HELL is that........besides AWSOME
Mono-shock suspension?
The chassis looks like a Procross
The seat is some sort of ApexWinder Frankenstein combo thingy

Don, What the HELL is that........besides AWSOME
Mono-shock suspension?
The chassis looks like a Procross
The seat is some sort of ApexWinder Frankenstein combo thingy
Hey Steve... There's a lot going on with this sled. Probably more than I can cover in a simple reply here. Give me a call sometime when you have a chance.

Last edited:

Back