• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2nd sled or not

Keep as 2nd sled or sell It?

• keep it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sell it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eagle1

Expert
Well I finally saved enough for a new sled :jump: , and spring ordered a XTX :Rockon: Now the the question is should I sell or keep my 1997 Polaris ultra sp 680cc sled. It's in pretty good shape for being a 1997. Never had to many problems with the sled, replaced the shaft driven water pump year and half ago. Have about 6400 miles on sled so i know pistons are in the near future but ccompression is still good.would like to have a 2nd sled for sister and kids and even my dad who is close to retirement. But a 680cc is big, the sled is heavy no reverse,but its paid for!Who ever used it would have to pay for gas. I do most of the simple maintence but have never rebuilt a 2 stroke.Pretty excited about the new yamaha but pretty attached to my old sled, lots of good times on it, so what do think? In a perfect world I would have enough money for a fazer or venture lite as a2nd sled

Daranello Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:27 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you buy your XTX from Team Winnibegoland??
I did buy my polaris from Winnebagoland brand new,good dealership, but this time I stayed closer to home and bought from Power Sports 1. Right down the road from where i work.Plus I met the owner out troubleshooting a customers sled. Brought a stock sled out and they were tuning the customers hi-performance parts. So I was pretty impressed with there service. THINK SNOW ;)!

Keep it. Sounds like you will make good use of it with your family which is priceless. I had a 96 Ultra and liked it after I got thru the first year blues and sorted out the ski's and carbides to get rid of the darting.

I would replace the chain though. Mine packed it in at 7,200 miles and made a mess and left me on the trail.

Maybe try to find a wrecked low miler Polaris somewhere being parted out that had reverse and get the parts including chain and retrofit yours with reverse so it would be good for your dad and sister.

:Rockon:

Keep it - for reasons mentioned above

Clean it up nice and sell it in prime season. Hold the money until the end of the season and buy a GenII twin (any of them) on the cheap. Yes, you'll lose the use of your back up for a season, but you'll be WAY ahead in the long run.

I say sell it in the fall. It sounds like your able to save money easily. Lets say you can get $1500 give or take for the Polaris, there are some nice Yamaha 2-strokes that have reverse and electric start for around the $2000 mark give or take that have been lady driven , and it will be more reliable

Thanks guys for all input.I think I'am going to try to talk my buddy into buying it (ie; His wife) I know his kids (2 and 5 yrs) LOVE going for rides.Plus I would have another riding partner, those are getting scarce.Plus I could use the money for accessories for new sled, and watch for good deal on a lighter smaller sled. I'am sure theres going to be alot of sleds for sale this fall. THINK SNOW!!!

Back