• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4 Stroke Heated Garage

The Wickerman

I am building a heated garage up in Northern Sask at my cabin to store our sleds in over night. It is sometimes -40 in morning and have trouble starting them. Should I be worried about condensation from bringing them from plus 10 to minus 40?

No, condensation will be very minimal as long as it's not a sauna in your garage. It's always nice to get on a warm sled and go riding. Up north some places we stay at offer heated storage for your sled overnight: ie, Northern Adventure in Cochrane. None of our party ever had issues with this, and the sleds always started. Nice to melt off the ice build-up on the suspensions too.

You should not have a problem. I lived two hours shy of Thompson Manitoba where the weather is quite similar. I would ride all day and store it in a heated garage all year without any issues and on occasion would leave out over night with no issues and I lived on the lake shore where the winds were nasty in extreme conditions.

I have the same dilema and run a bigger dehumidifier from Canadian Tire and have not had any condensation issues.

My cabin is 1 1/2 hrs north of Saskatoon and I keep the toy storage about 3 or 4 degrees. Never had any problems. Lift and drop the back end in the morning and the ice drops out. Push broom the ice out the garage door and all good.

The Wickerman said:
I am building a heated garage up in Northern Sask at my cabin to store our sleds in over night. It is sometimes -40 in morning and have trouble starting them. Should I be worried about condensation from bringing them from plus 10 to minus 40?
I am building a garage also at my cabin,and will heat it too,what a coincidence,starting as soon as the snow melts,i guess it will be june,lol,what size are you building

Heated Garage Storage

I store 2, 4 strokes sleds in my heated garage, no water issues, but I do use star tron fuel treatment with all fuel fills as the fuel tanks will frost with quick temp changes.

Back