• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

500 mile service, was a bit spendy

Re: Warranty

Butta said:
Big note, however, ensure you get the sealing ring off the motor from the old filter!! Mine, and others, were stuck. Had I not known to look, I would most likely have tried to put the new filter on top of it.

Ahhhhhh yes, the old double seal trick is real good at making large messes, isn't it! ;)!

BriKielyGSMan said:
I have read somewhere before that there is a clause (law) of some sort stating that warranty will not be void if you do the maintanence yourself. As long as you can prove that it was done when required and that you were capable of doing it.

I think it (the clause) was some guys name ..........not the Murphy's Law one either.

I plan on maintaining the Nytro myself.

Anyway, hello to all fellow sledders ......

Welcome to the site :)

SIKEWARD said:
I used wix filter and mobil 1 ow-30 full synthetic for my 500 mile service. I have to admit I did the service a little premature the sled was torn apart because of a bent sub frame at 380 miles so I changed it while it was apart.

I can not find Mobil1 0w-30 will 0w-40 work?

Crewchief47 said:
Butta said:
Big note, however, ensure you get the sealing ring off the motor from the old filter!! Mine, and others, were stuck. Had I not known to look, I would most likely have tried to put the new filter on top of it.

Ahhhhhh yes, the old double seal trick is real good at making large messes, isn't it! ;)!
Been there, done that. Not proud of it either. :jump:

Back