• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

509 helmets, goggles??

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 nytro xtx
Polaris xlt
Looking for a new helmet and goggles this year since I'm not longer a polaris rider anymore ( just bought a nytro xtx this summer) so I don't want to wear my polaris helmet lol.

I've been looking a lot at the 509 stuff and was wondering what your guys opinions are with them. I've always wore the cheaper Scott goggles and had pretty good luck with them but have some problems with fogging on certain days. I've had the same polaris helmet for over 10 years now and need to upgrade.

I bought a 509 with aviator goggles and a fan for the goggles and have not had to use the fan because they were not fogging up I would recommend 509 they are nice helmets

We are a new 509 dealer, if there is anything I can help you out with, please let me know. 605-387-2833

i have the carbon fiber helmet with aviators. few years now with them. they are awesome. the key part is what you wear underneath. ive used this setup in all temps with no problem. trail and off trail.
subaru2006

I have the carbon fiber with aviators and wasn't happy with them until I used a Klim Artic Balaclava underneath. Other balacavas were either too cold or the breath deflector caused fogging.

I love my 509 helmet and goggles. I have sinisters and aviators for goggles. Both are excellent. I've only had problems with fog when it's below zero and I wore a super thick balaclava. I since used a little thinner balaclava and haven't had an issue being cold or fogging. The weight of the helmets are great as well.
Highly recommend them.

Back