• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apple AirPod Pros while riding?

KnappAttack

24X ISR World Drag Racing Champion
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 Sidewinder LTX-LE
2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
Wife bought me a pair of Apple AirPod pros this summer. They are noise canceling and I use them for mowing. Work great for mowing so I'm wondering how they would work snowmobiling. wondering how the batteries would last in the cold like that. Of course I'd have them under the baclava and helmet. I'm thinking they would also eliminate having to wear the earplugs I've been using as well.

Not sure I can hookup two bluetooth items like the flasher and the AirBuds at once either. I know I won't give up logging and hooking up to my flasher while riding I know that.

Anyone try these for music at all while riding? Curious if anyone has tried them at all.

I was just wondering if anyone has actually used this in this application. Its not important enough for me to buy any others. I use earplugs now and was just wondering how the noise cancelling Apple AirBuds would work for this application. I'm not willing to give up logging with the flasher either. I'll have to try it to see how it all works together this winter.

Had posted this in a different post but might be something to try to counter the discomfort Stain eluded to when wearing them with a helmet on:

If that's the case, then you might want to look at some blue tooth wireless earbuds. At least going that route, you could use them more than just for riding versus just getting helmet speakers. Before getting the communicators, I would always use the wired head phones to listen to music. What I found to counter the discomfort of the helmet pressing on the L-shaped ear piece was to rotate the ear piece so that instead of the stem of the ear piece pointing down, it was pointing up. I would then just loop the wire down the backside of my ear lope. By having the stem of the ear piece positioned like this, it alleviated the pressure on the earlobe caused by the helmet pressing against it since the stem is now positioned in the ear canal rather than down the ear lobe. Here's a pic to help convey what I'm saying.
View attachment 130853

I can't comment on the airbuds, but I've been using my Jabra wireless and they are very comfortable. Everything is in the ear, no tail sticking down so the helmet touches nothing. They do a great job of cancelling outside noise wether it's the sled, snowblower or skid steer.

You can use two Bluetooth things at once. I have Sena communicators and also Chubby Buttons (a must if you want to ride with music). They both hook up to Bluetooth. Sena hooks to phone, Chubby Button also hooks to phone and allows volume, skip, pause/play functions with gloves on and phone stays in your pocket, nice and warm.

From the Google Machine:

The number of Bluetooth connections on an iPhone at once. Basically, you can have up to seven different Bluetooth devices connected to your iPhone at once, but you can also have three or four devices connected via Bluetooth at once, which is realistic.

Last edited:
I use earplugs for wind noise but when I had the Venture TF I used Bose noise cancelling earbuds...they have a ring that goes around the collar and wires up to the ear. They worked really well at cancelling noise and the battery lasted about 7 hours. However, nothing would cancel the drone of that track, had to ditch the sled.

Back