• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

660 snow drags.

apexgturbo

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro,2009 Nytro mtx,2006 apex drag sled
just wondering what some of you guys are doing for setup for drag racing 660ft would it be better to run hi gearing in the chain case and run lower gearing of the track like 8 tooth drivers or would 10 tooth drivers and low gearing in the chain case be a better way to go.trying to find out which would be better.thanks.

You change is the angle of the track, with different tooth drivers.
For best 660ft setup; traction, traction, traction, and then maximum cluthing load. Whatever the sled can handle without missing RPM. It must never hit the rev limiter.
I'm geared around 10 mph higher than I expect in final 660ft speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You change is the angle of the track, with different tooth drivers.
For best 660ft setup; traction, traction, traction, and then maximum cluthing load. Whatever the sled can handle without missing RPM. It must never hit the rev limiter.
I'm geared around 10 mph higher than I expect in final 660ft speed

What do you mean by clutch load a really steep angle helix.running a 52/44 one now

As much weight as possible in front, and at steep as possible in second. I run a 55/46. 52 is to little

Stigapex do you prefer the multi angle 46 finish angle for belt pressure in the secondary? I tested a straight 51 for 660, it worked well however needed a purple cat spring to hold the belt in secondary. With Stock pink or Red dalton spring belt spin in sec and rev limiter.

Using a straight helix will not let you use maximum angel from start, and then the sled becomes slower in a 660 race.
You also must have a very stiff spring to keep belt pressure when fully shifted. That means you are using a stiffer spring than necessary in the start of the helix.
Thats why a multi angel helix is perfect

Back