• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

99 venture 500

Hi guys I just have a quick question about a 2 stroke yamaha venture 500. The problem is when you take off normally the sled pulls really high revs and then it seems like it shifts down into a lower gear and then the sled accelerates again. The sled is moving when it's pulling the revs, it takes off normally then it keeps on revving higher and higher then drops down and works normally. Just wondering if anyone here has run into a problem like this in the past and what the problem might be.

Thanks

Not knowing mileage or condition, I would suspect your clutche's are in dire need of attention. The twin cylinder motors are a lot harder on clutches. Typically I would need to replace primary and secondary springs, rollers , bushings , pins, etc. In short, complete rebuild around 2500-3000 miles. The arms will notch as well from running at the same speed for many miles. Take a look in the classifieds for used components if you want to save some money. Hope this helped in some way!

Back