• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

998t coolant noises...

stgdz

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
19 tcat, 15 4000 RR, 13 800 RR
Is still making them a week after it was shut down. It's not the gurgle that it makes but it's some high pitch sound that happens typically an hour after shutdown or when I push it on the dollies.

Well moving stuff around for spring cleanup it started to do it's high squeek again, but at a lower decibel. This the only vehicle that I have ever owned that does this. Does anyone know what it is?

It wants to be ridden.. We have a horse like that.

Seriously though, I have never heard mine make any noise from just moving around but I will pay attention more closely now.

Possibly fuel tank venting
Next time you hear it crack open the fuel cap

Once the coolant cools to room temp not sure how or why it would make any noise

I have 2 pro cross sleds.... The sidewinder makes the fuel vent noise. The 21 8000 not so much, its very faint..

I've heard this noise. To me it sounds electrical/mechanical, not venting. It's more like a buzzing/whining vs. a venting/whistling noise, but could be wrong.

At least it doesn't seem to cause a battery drain or anything :).

Yup. As stated above, it is the gas tank venting. There is a 4psi check valve on the vent line. That's why it can build a little pressure as the temperature warms up.

Back