• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Joined the yamacat winder crew today

you didn't turn the motor backward while changing the weights, did you?
I would hope I didn't, even with the warning I put on it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220207_001527442_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    PXL_20220207_001527442_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 129

Anyone ever have an oil filter leak? It's not the chaincase or oil tank but coming rite off the filter. It seals up after a few mins but left a mess on the trailer floor during the two day trip that I road.

Plan on doing all oil fluids this week.

Attachments

• PXL_20220205_142218295_copy_1209x1612.jpg
    PXL_20220205_142218295_copy_1209x1612.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 117
Yamaha filter or aftermarket? Could be someone didn't pulled the seal off the old one too.

I never had until this year on a Vector I service. Yamaha filter. Leaked when started very cold -10 degrees

Anyone ever have an oil filter leak? It's not the chaincase or oil tank but coming rite off the filter. It seals up after a few mins but left a mess on the trailer floor during the two day trip that I road.

Plan on doing all oil fluids this week.
I had a huge oil filter leak a few years ago on my Venture, what happened..I removed the oil filter and the old gasket stayed on the belly pan, I put on the new filter and no leaks until I started the engine...what a mess, oil everywhere. Changing the filter is difficult on that machine due to the tight restraints. Double oil filter gaskets doesn't work well...I'm a poor mechanic, I admit...Joe

I had a huge oil filter leak a few years ago on my Venture, what happened..I removed the oil filter and the old gasket stayed on the belly pan, I put on the new filter and no leaks until I started the engine...what a mess, oil everywhere. Changing the filter is difficult on that machine due to the tight restraints. Double oil filter gaskets doesn't work well...I'm a poor mechanic, I admit...Joe
Yes! Seen it on my old vector. Was fine, then saw oil under it. Tightened the filter as much as I dared (had a new one in case) and never leaked again. Same on a friends apex. Tightened a little and gone...yet the filters were both pretty tight. Who knows...

Yamaha filter or aftermarket? Could be someone didn't pulled the seal off the old one too.
Yamaha, and you can see the small drop on the filter

Putting a kn on this time. I've always had good luck with them on the atv's. Does all the oil drain out of the crankcase and then switch to the oil tank? I want to get a sample and send it to Blackstone but I don't know where to grab from.

Attachments

• PXL_20220208_042444105_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    PXL_20220208_042444105_copy_1612x1209.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 109
Yamaha, and you can see the small drop on the filter

Putting a kn on this time. I've always had good luck with them on the atv's. Does all the oil drain out of the crankcase and then switch to the oil tank? I want to get a sample and send it to Blackstone but I don't know where to grab from.

There is a crankcase drain near the filter. It will have a copper washer. This is in addition to the oil tank.

Also, the lines between the oil tank and engine hold a fair amount of oil.

There is a crankcase drain near the filter. It will have a copper washer. This is in addition to the oil tank.

Also, the lines between the oil tank and engine hold a fair amount of oil.
Ive seen Yamaha, K and N (my preferred) and a fram all leak. Wierd.

Very coincidental. When I bought my 17 new from dealer and advised them that I would do my own non warranty maintenance, that was the first thing they warned me about, making sure that the oil filter O ring came off with the filter!

Must have happened huh!

Very coincidental. When I bought my 17 new from dealer and advised them that I would do my own non warranty maintenance, that was the first thing they warned me about, making sure that the oil filter O ring came off with the filter!

Must have happened huh!
All were on correct, no double o ring. Which is why its wierd. All 3 did not leak when riding. Only when sitting. My sidewinder hadnt leaked in 4 years, then one day in October, saw the drip. Totally different situations, wierd. I have the bop gasket on the sw.

I deleted the rov last night and will get the plug for the intake today at Napa. It was pretty cold on our trip and I was super paranoid about it freezing so my technique was to open the oil cap and start the engine out the panel on, let it warm to 150 and shut it off.

First morning was a little squeek of the air escaping and then one of the guys said their was oil on the floor of the trailer. I was super paranoid and looked all around the chaincase and couldn't find anything. I let it run for awhile and it sealed up.

I plan on drilling rivets tonight let it warm up, open up the oil tank and let it drain and collect my sample. Put plug back in and pull oil plug on crankcase then oil filter. And lastly pull the hose that goes between the crankcase and oil tank.

Am I missing anything?

Also how do I remove the intercooler? It looks like there is some clip. Do I have to pull the front skid plate?

I deleted the rov last night and will get the plug for the intake today at Napa. It was pretty cold on our trip and I was super paranoid about it freezing so my technique was to open the oil cap and start the engine out the panel on, let it warm to 150 and shut it off.

I like your technique of opening the oil cap. I blew my tank seal last weekend and the engine was up to 150F. Fixing it now and deleting the ROV.

I like your technique of opening the oil cap. I blew my tank seal last weekend and the engine was up to 150F. Fixing it now and deleting the ROV.
Yeah I think we were both in cable.

Back