• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A/C xf7000 Hc 2016 clutching

Joshua Smith

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 arctic cat xf7000 high country
I was hoping some you yammie gurus on here could tell me what I need to put in my cat team clutches for weight since it come clutched for 6-8 thousand feet. can I just change the weights? dont want to drop 350 on a clutch kit if I dont need to.

I’d call Thunder Clutching Products @ 906-484-1650. They’re a TY site sponsor and they deal with all makes and models. They know their stuff. The cat clutches wear out before the Yamaha ones do. TP can rebuild your stuff, if needed. I’ve bought some clutch products from them and I’ve never been disappointed.

If TP isn’t familiar with what you want they will tell you, they’re honest guys. If they can’t help the next place I’d check is with D&D racing in NY. But they’re not a site sponsor, and harder to get in touch with and not as customer centered. At least that was my experience. I’ve used both.

Ok thanks for the info. I bought the machine brand new as a leftover but didnt realize it was clutched for high altitude until I did some research. it was an impulse purchase because of the huge markdown for a brand new sled. The wife is going to kill me if I have to dump 350 into a new clutch setup.

The good news is the team clutches on your sled seem to be better quality and easier to work with than my 2015 clutches. I really think TP will be able to sell you the parts / pieces you need to get your clutches dialed in for your altitude. You can also tell your wife that you can sell the brand new stock parts to cover some of the cost. I show my wife the money I make on eBay, and I don’t make all the money back but at least she sees it’s not a total wash and she calms down. She’s pretty good about sled stuff. It’s the only thing I do. I’m not out at the bars, all my summer toys have been sold, I do all the maintenance on our truck/suv..... hopefully that gives you some taking points haha Just remind her how much money you save by being a handy man husband.

The good news is the team clutches on your sled seem to be better quality and easier to work with than my 2015 clutches. I really think TP will be able to sell you the parts / pieces you need to get your clutches dialed in for your altitude. You can also tell your wife that you can sell the brand new stock parts to cover some of the cost. I show my wife the money I make on eBay, and I don’t make all the money back but at least she sees it’s not a total wash and she calms down. She’s pretty good about sled stuff. It’s the only thing I do. I’m not out at the bars, all my summer toys have been sold, I do all the maintenance on our truck/suv..... hopefully that gives you some taking points haha Just remind her how much money you save by being a handy man husband.
I ended up ordering some ssi promag weights adjustable from 54-68g weights. I'm working on a budget here so the whole kit is out of the question, anyone have any suggestions on how much weight to put in for low elevation with a high elevation helix and spring installed?

I’d start at 59 and work from there. If I had to guess I’d say you’ll be good there or possibly need to increase a bit. You want 8800-9200 max rpm. Shouldn’t hit the limiter.

I’d start at 59 and work from there. If I had to guess I’d say you’ll be good there or possibly need to increase a bit. You want 8800-9200 max rpm. Shouldn’t hit the limiter.
Any thoughts on if running the high elevation helix is going to cause problems or Rob a ton of power?

My xf7000 has the 2016 team
Clutch on it and has 64oz weights. I’m looking to up the rpms a couple hundred more it’s around 8600 now so I’m going to try 62oz.

I threw Dalton adjustable weights in mine and I believe I have them at 62 grams. Way better! I was always hitting the rev limiter. I'm new to Cats but I've ridden this sled for 5000km and I've had no other clutch issues, and mine aren't Team clutches.

My xf7000 has the 2016 team
Clutch on it and has 64oz weights. I’m looking to up the rpms a couple hundred more it’s around 8600 now so I’m going to try 62oz.
My Zr limited 129 had the same and will only pull 8500.

Last edited:
Ok so to revive this post a little now that the season is over and I am needing some more help. I out the ssi 54-68 weights in my primary to replace the 64gr. Stockers. I would assume this machine has a low altitude kit in it because of the 64gr. Weights. I did the stingray airbox mod and a super q high flow muffler which was on for the whole season. Changed to 21/41 gears for trail riding 7 tooth drivers and 2.25 track. Started with 63gr. Of weight and never got the limiter then dropped to 61 still no limiter. I am only seeing 8450 rpm at wot on a railroad grade and tops out at 85mph. I am putting a pcv on this year but I am curious do I need to go with different springs or helix to get more top end and rpm? I'm kind of at a loss I don't know if pulling weight out is the answer?!?

I also tried out the SSI aling with the Heavy Hitters this year. Let me look up the specs of your High Country ans i can get you a bit closer on your setup using the parts you have. Ultimately a helix and spring change would really help but let me know exactly how you have the magnets placed and we can go from there. QUOTE="Joshua Smith, post: 1531732, member: 32445"]Ok so to revive this post a little now that the season is over and I am needing some more help. I out the ssi 54-68 weights in my primary to replace the 64gr. Stockers. I would assume this machine has a low altitude kit in it because of the 64gr. Weights. I did the stingray airbox mod and a super q high flow muffler which was on for the whole season. Changed to 21/41 gears for trail riding 7 tooth drivers and 2.25 track. Started with 63gr. Of weight and never got the limiter then dropped to 61 still no limiter. I am only seeing 8450 rpm at wot on a railroad grade and tops out at 85mph. I am putting a pcv on this year but I am curious do I need to go with different springs or helix to get more top end and rpm? I'm kind of at a loss I don't know if pulling weight out is the answer?!?[/QUOTE]

Back