• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Accessory plug in type on Viper

TD Max said:
Looks like the 12v lighter plug is std across the board and that is about it.

All vipers came with that I thought. And don't they all come with the deeper keel tuner skis. And I read that the heated seat is available on all models. Even though we could order that now. I was thinking it came on all the different sleds.

Heated seat only LTX DX, BUT the RTX LE white had a hole in the panel for the switch with white tape over it.

I'll see if it can be ordered. I see it in the Cat accessory pages and it comes with a black seat cover. I think I like that notion versus the white and blue stripes. I think the cover material differs on the heated ones.

TD Max said:
Heated seat only LTX DX, BUT the RTX LE white had a hole in the panel for the switch with white tape over it.

I'll see if it can be ordered. I see it in the Cat accessory pages and it comes with a black seat cover. I think I like that notion versus the white and blue stripes. I think the cover material differs on the heated ones.

The LTX SE that I seen at the dealer had the float 3's and it had a heated seat, and I asked about it and it had a colored seat on it and it had a heated seat. So I asked the sales guy at the dealer and he said that they all have that option now. And it was there on the one I seen. So maybe it was just that one...who know's what they have at the show. I'll guess I'll find out this weekend...it's not hard to put on every model anyway foe 13,000 dollars!! It should have a cup holder as well! :drink:

Thanks I will certainly be getting one. I just wish the salesman could have said hey for 20 bucks do you want a helmet RCA 12 volt plug.... Yea sure I want that!

That's what I use Mark....works great! I have my helmet heated shield cord routed thru my grab handle and zip tied to the grab handle so it has the correct length from handlebars to plug-in and keeps it from getting tangled elsewhere.

That's what I use Mark....works great! I have my helmet heated shield cord routed thru my grab handle and zip tied to the grab handle so it has the correct length from handlebars to plug-in and keeps it from getting tangled elsewhere.

I always used to put mine as a panel mount jack mounted to the dash and used a gold plated unit for corrosion protection.

I suppose on the bars would be nice and simple. Did you zip tie it rigid so a guy can do 1 hand plug in?

One hand use on the rigid bar mounted ones is nice but I seem to take less time when I use two hands and the female RCA part dangling a couple/3 inches from the bars. But I do have to take of both gloves for this.

Terry glad to here it works well.

My helmit power jack hangs down approx. 4"to 5" under bars near throttle. Reason is I have the cord to helmit hanging out of my right sleeve approx. 8". from there it runs up inside my right sleeve, through the loop in back of jacket( back of my neck) to a loop I put on my collar on the left side. Have approx. 8" to 10" hanging out left of collar to make helmit connection.
When putting on helmit it is automatic to connect the helmit cord. Also connecting and disconnecting the cords at throttle is almost like a reflex that I rarely forget. I have piece of Velcro on end of cord and inside of my right forearm to keep cord out of way when not riding.
Back in the 70's when oval racing one of my sleds had a factory tether at the emergency stop switch near the throttle. One soon learns to do EVERYTHING with your left hand, keeping the right hand on the throttle.
Years later I still did everything with my left hand so when we got electric shields it seemed natural to run the cord as above. We humans train easy. It is fun to watch others rap the cord around the gas cap, handle bars ,or even their neck. They often have bad cords so I carry an extra.
In the many years of electric helmits we rarely have ever had a bad cord.
Most of the people we usually ride with run their cords through their jackets as above.

I did that before, it worked well. More recently I put the helmet wire between the two layers of front zippers on my coat it comes out low and centered, out of the way. I plug it in if /when I forget and step off it just unplugs. Both hands are free.
I plan on hooking up my dash cord RCA plug near the steering post.

I always used to put mine as a panel mount jack mounted to the dash and used a gold plated unit for corrosion protection.

I suppose on the bars would be nice and simple. Did you zip tie it rigid so a guy can do 1 hand plug in?

Yes, I believe I had 4 or 5 coils on the cord toward the plug to give it some kind of give when turning the bars, but enough to let me stand, lean, get off of the sled. TD, you could use 2 cords and have a solid plug in, I just don't like the cord hanging from my helmet when I go pay for gas or go in places as I have already pulled a dumbass move of getting my cord stuck in the door....LOL happens in summertime also ;)

Early in the post someone mentioned a two prong plug existed under the right panel. Is this just a second accessory source besides the plug on the dash?

Back