• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Added HIDs and LEDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apex2006

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder SRX-LE 2019
Yamaha Sidewinder XTX 141 2017
Yamaha Viper XTX 2015
Yamaha Sno Scoot 2018
Ski-Doo Renegade XRS 850 2020
Got bored waiting for snow. Picing my track on Friday.

looks awesome! I have the same skis. glad i got to see your. so now i think im going to put them on instead of my tuner skis. I also like the led kit.

Looks nice! But your left panel is not installed correctly at the bottom, that corner supposed to go in the white plastic not over it ;)!

fxnytroxtx said:
Looks nice! But your left panel is not installed correctly at the bottom, that corner supposed to go in the white plastic not over it ;)!
Wow! Great attention to detail.

fxnytroxtx said:

Haha! Good catch!!! ;)!

Could you post as best you can a pic of where you mounted your ballests and did you HIDs have a reflector on them or was it just the filament and that's it? Mine have no reflector and was wondering if yours didn't.. And what the beam looked like.. My apex had a reflector built into the headlight assembly.. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

RacinJason15 said:
Could you post as best you can a pic of where you mounted your ballests and did you HIDs have a reflector on them or was it just the filament and that's it? Mine have no reflector and was wondering if yours didn't.. And what the beam looked like.. My apex had a reflector built into the headlight assembly.. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

No reflector, bright as hell, love it! I will try to get a pic next time I get a chance but I installed the ballasts, one on each side on the inside upper dash under the smoked covers.

whats the stock light bulb in the vipers? is there just a brighter bulb i could put in there. already spending a whack load of moneyon other extras . wanna do something rather inexpensively

kritter5150 said:
whats the stock light bulb in the vipers? is there just a brighter bulb i could put in there. already spending a whack load of moneyon other extras . wanna do something rather inexpensively

Yep they make brighter stock 9006 bulbs (Sylvania Silver Stars) I tried these on my first Apex and they are brighter than stock. HIDs are amazing and you can get the entire kit for under $90 bucks. When I ride with my buddies, my lights shine hundreds of feet ahead of anyone on the lake without them ;)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back