• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Added MTX handle bar riser to the XTX se

So 16xtx has a stock riser of 5.5-6". Measuring at the bottom of the riser. How tall would you say your risers are now? And did u have Enough cable? I'm 6'3" and looking to get 9-10" rise

When you add the stock MTX vertical steering you'll gain about 1.5 inches of height on the bars, I am also 6-3 and I think its the perfect height for me. There are no issues with the cable lengths on the Yamaha vertical steering. AC makes several different block sizes that can be used with the Vertical Steering And you could easily go higher with the same cables if you needed to.

Last edited:
Thank you for the write up!!!
I am 6' and the stock 5.5 bar is just a little to low for me I am always hunched over more than I want to be. I debated putting the 2016 steering in, I instead went to a 6.5" riser block. If this doesn't work I will definitely be switching over to the new set up! Thanks again for all your time you put into documenting the steering post change over and parts

So 16xtx has a stock riser of 5.5-6". Measuring at the bottom of the riser. How tall would you say your risers are now? And did u have Enough cable? I'm 6'3" and looking to get 9-10" rise
I am not sure but I think when you push the bars forward (vertical) you gain a bit on the cable lengths. When I put my 8" riser on the 14 xtx and brought the bars back to me I had to re-route the brake line and it was maxed out. So it depends on where the bars are located as to whether the cables are long enough.

Cool. I tried a 10" last night and it was too tall!!! Maxed out the throttle cable

Hahahaha. No. Total!!! I took off the factory riser and put on 10" rox. But it was about an inch too tall!! For the cable.

Building sleds for the Cain's quest race. The non MTX post is much more comfortable for the long riding. Don't really stand up at all.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Maybe I should find one to try before I go do this then. Thanks and good luck this year!

Only negative I can see with this set up is that the pad blocks the pod a bit when seated. I'm just short of 6' and when seated I have to stretch a bit to see all of the pod. Warning lights are fully visible, just the bottom portion is blocked by the pad (cover). Just something you might want to consider.

Maybe it's a result of the stock RTX, LTX pad being blocky. I'll have to look at Yamahaguys rides to see if the mountain strap gives you better view of the pod.
It's the big blocky LTX rubber pad that blocks view. Put the Phazer pad on and much better. Might have to buy one, or make a custom;)!

What? Pad for a 2015 phazer (same as the one on my 07) is $23.95 on the Yamaha website in accessories. What did you buy?

Back