• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adjustable Fuel Pressure regulator questions

the way im seeing your data log shows that the closed loop is adding a 21% more fuel than what the hard tune in the ecu is programed at compared to what your adjustable programmer is calling for. i would have your tuner readajust your map tune closer to what it should be soo that your GAP auto tune isnt having to change/adjust that much.... i would only like to see 5% maximum

Then it would be out of whack for the guy thats running the hardware that supposed to be on the machine. For instance the tune was developed for use on the 2.5" trail muffler in normal situations.

People need to understand that running hardware over and above the normal stuff the tunes were developed for they are on their own. Closed loop happens to be keeping things happy with the added hardware in this case. You simply can't adjust a tune for every different part on the market.... For those of us that want to play beyond design parameters, it's important to be able to adjust accordingly and know when and what to change and adjust.

the way im seeing your data log shows that the closed loop is adding a 21% more fuel than what the hard tune in the ecu is programed at compared to what your adjustable programmer is calling for. i would have your tuner readajust your map tune closer to what it should be soo that your GAP auto tune isnt having to change/adjust that much.... i would only like to see 5% maximum
He just has to increase his fuel pressure.

The gauges on these adjustable FPRs use the readings with a grain of salt. Not many are accurate .

Be cautious if say u set it at 45 and the next time u look it reads say 50 . Actual may still be 45.

There was talk of adding Fuel Pressure to the GAP data logging with a sensor but it never happened

There is a way to make them all accurate...

Remove the case plug and remove all the liquid, leave the plug out of the gauge. If its not vented to atmosphere the heat and atmospheric pressure changes and it will be all out of whack. I have done this for years. I discovered inconsistencies years ago in the A/F ratio when chasing the pressure fluctuations on my old 1200 Turbo.Temp alone without venting them hugely changes the pressure readings, I wasnt sure if it was the gauge or the regulator itself that was making it susceptible to the heat. By putting a hairdryer on the gauge alone, I was able to see clearly what was happening. By taking out the plug and the fluid, I was finally able to see consistent, accurate and repeatable readings.

Both of you guys made me spend more money.
Going to purchase data logging.
I have been watching live data on my tablet when doing testing.
The lack of snow has me doing more than planned on sleds. Paying attention to detail makes the ride so much better.
You'll be happy. I look at my runs at the bar sometimes just to see where things are at. You can save any part of a log as well so it is easy to look at later. For example... This year I couldn't remember where I ended on clutching last year... I just pulled up some of my logs of 1000' runs I had saved off and could see where things were at.

Last year I made some runs and and after reviewing the logs I realized I needed to add just a bit more boostane to get things where they needed to be. Did that and made more runs and it was perfect. Now I know what I always plan to add based on the fuel I typically get.

I would need to get the vendor to make me a custom tune which he may do but he also might tell me to get stuffed as I am mixing and matching components different from what the original tune was built around and intended to provide for.
Raising the fuel pressure and closed loop accomplishes the fuel requirements. The tuners engine protection system has obviously been looking after my engine at times in the past.

Closed loop is Speed activated. So i suspose at a certain rpm depending on clutching and gearing
What speed does CL take over? 30mph?

I just reviewed a data log of my sled putting around our property today and the only time the Closed Loop showed anything other then 100% was when the sled hit 19mph. I don't know if RPM was associated as well but I suspect its more complex them speed alone.
just speed activated I am fairly sure . I know if you speedo not working closed loop won’t work

Question.. If your oxygen sensor gets plugged up or is not reading properly, HOW does that effect closed loop? Or no effect at all?

Question.. If your oxygen sensor gets plugged up or is not reading properly, HOW does that effect closed loop? Or no effect at all?
If your O2 sensor fails it will default to the base tune. I'm not sure what happens if it just gets wonky. Can they get wonky or do they either work or don't work?

I have never had a sensor go bad, but have had the module go bad, this was prior to Closed Loop. If the sensor goes bad it will throw the code and revert to the base tune.

If your O2 sensor fails it will default to the base tune. I'm not sure what happens if it just gets wonky. Can they get wonky or do they either work or don't work?
Wondering the effects of running some race gas and OR Boostane. I feel these things do effect them and or can

I had one go bad and looking at datalog, the AFR would jump from 8 to 25 and back to 8 repeatedly. The CL would spike and fall according to the AFR jumps.

Back