• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Non-Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

Doc, there was no way you would get better fuel economy with the addition of the bigger pump alone. The tunes are running on the rich side to begin with and that was only going to exacerbate the situation. It's very simple, if you saw lower AFR's after the install you were running even richer burning more fuel. The added fuel is to stave off detonation and timing being pulled. I ran the AFPR and BIG pump on the stock tune before flashing and noticed I had to increase fuel to keep AFR's in check and they were very consistent in the mid 12's. It wasn't until I ran the flash which activated closed loop when I could see live as well as the DATA log the AFR's and what closed loop was doing. Then I could see it was pulling fuel and allowing AFR's to climb when cruising, ei: the 60 MPH trail ride. Now we're saving fuel and running efficiently as it was intended.
I wasn't expecting better mpg's, just not as big a hit. To me, this is a very good reason to identify/research the situation. Once I get the testing in, verify the facts, then move on. Ill get everything as discussed, then document my findings.
I can't make claims of 11.7mpg cuz I was running balls out with a Sadistic psychopath for 85 miles.
I definitely need more seat time b4 I move into the next stages. I'm sure you'd/group would agree.

I wasn't expecting better mpg's, just not as big a hit. To me, this is a very good reason to identify/research the situation. Once I get the testing in, verify the facts, then move on. Ill get everything as discussed, then document my findings.
I can't make claims of 11.7mpg cuz I was running balls out with a Sadistic psychopath for 85 miles.
I definitely need more seat time b4 I move into the next stages. I'm sure you'd/group would agree.

< insert comment about data logging here >:D

Yeah, I couldn't care less about fuel efficiency, because there's always enough fuel stops along the way. And although I stated that the CL was intended for better efficiency, the fact is for me, I think it's another layer of safety adding fuel when fuel is needed.

So is the non-adjustable fpr the answer for these bigger pumps if you don't want to monkey with an adjustable and/or CL? Does CL control the big pump issue?
Sounds like you should blow the dust off your wallet and step up to a big boy regulator!

I have the Hurricane FPR I would part ways with if anybody is interested.

I have installed an adjustable FPR on my winder to keep my AFRs in line with the target on my big tune and after increasing the fp the data logging is spot on for intended afrs when wfo. At low rpms and low speed trail riding[under 20mph] when the closed loop is inactive the sled is now running a bit rich and seems to be using more fuel overall but with such a different riding season compared to previous years it is hard to tell.

Back