• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Advice for adding a Graphics Kit?

Elypsis

Extreme
Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone has any advice/suggestions for adding a graphics kit to a sled. I'm sure there's probably some prepping required. Anything special I should use to 'clean' the plastics beforehand?

Thanks in advance!

I use Rapid Tac cleaner and installer... unreal how easy it is to put down graphics. If you doing the think Vinyl its really easy if your using the thing Yamaha Style you may need a heat gun to get the graphic to lay down. If you were close I would do it for you for free.

http://www.amazon.com/RAPID-Application-Decals-Stickers-Sprayer/dp/B006RMC8J6

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-Cleaner-Graphics-Decals-Stripes-Sprayer/dp/B006RMQCFW
That stuff sounds great. My fathers sled needs some decals installed and one of them will be tricky to lay down without getting a lot of bubbles. This stuff should help a lot.

Heat gun is a must for Applying and removing old decals. Once the old ones are removed GOO GONE is a great product to get the residue off. Then a good cleaner like Mrsled suggested. Pre cut and fit the decal from the big sheets before peeling off the backing . If you get a good heavy Vinyl kit it makes that much easier.

If you cant find the rapid tac cleaner get a spray bottle and use a mix of alcohol and water , about 30 pwrcent alcohol. Spray the sled and the graphic position the graphic where you want it then start trowling from the middle and work your way out to one side then the other.

Some great stuff being tossed out here, thanks! Looks like I'll need to pick up a few things (cleaner & small squeegee) before the stickers show up! :)

I have this graphics kit ordered for the wife's Phazer...she thought it to be a little plain as it was. I asked her if she wanted to get stickers for me as well but she didn't comment. :p

SMA-PHDCL-09-RD.jpg phazer-gt.png

Back