• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AEM vs ECU Wideband

I had the GAP AEM go bad and I just bought a replacement AEM 30-0310 controller off from Amazon, cut the ends of the GAP one off and reconnected to the new one and it works fine with my closed loop as well. Data logger shows it adjusting just as it should. Perhaps it comes flashed to a OBDII already?

All I know is the off the shelf controller (also came with a new sensor) worked just fine for me once I swaped the ends out to it with no special programing.
What were your indications the AEM went bad?

I got the AEM from TD today. Haven't installed yet, but not sure where the one plug gets connected. See pic with arrow. Thanks!
Screenshot_20211209-011324_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211209-011320_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211209-011314_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211209-011310_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211209-011307_Gallery.jpg

Thanks Yamamarc! I didn't realize documentation existed for this. They send a bung with it as well if you need it to weld onto the exhaust. They also send a bunch of butt connectors for some reason. It's plug and play so not sure why they send those. I'll install tomorrow and report back here.

Thanks Yamamarc! I didn't realize documentation existed for this. They send a bung with it as well if you need it to weld onto the exhaust. They also send a bunch of butt connectors for some reason. It's plug and play so not sure why they send those. I'll install tomorrow and report back here.
No problem, make sure to read the aem instructions foe correct bung position..
The o2 sensor need angle in a bit. Can't remember off hand I thick 15 or 20 degrees

Put the butt connecters in your tool box not needed

For others that may be looking... You can get to the documentation with either of these links:

And the install instructions for the wideband module are under the "install guides" section and you would select ACC1022.

Note to Hurricane and TD.. It may be helpful to send some instructions with this kit on how to get to the documentation as it would be difficult for someone to know where the documentation is and then more difficult to figure out that ACC1022 is actually the instructions for the AEM module. This one is pretty straight forward but it would still be nice to follow the install you guys recommend. (Like running the wires to the other side of the engine bay)

No problem, make sure to read the aem instructions foe correct bung position..
The o2 sensor need angle in a bit. Can't remember off hand I thick 15 or 20 degrees

Put the butt connecters in your tool box not needed
Also great feedback. I just ran out and checked and mine is at ~17 degrees. AEM says greater than 10. So good there.

Hope this helps...

Attachments

• IMG-20201019-WA0000_resize_93.jpg
    IMG-20201019-WA0000_resize_93.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20201019_142437_01_resize_6.jpg
    IMG_20201019_142437_01_resize_6.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 84
Anything regarding gap products install and instructions are in this download from gap
Screenshot_20211209-090951_Google.jpg

What were your indications the AEM went bad?

I noticed it reading flat line now and again before it just died and wouldn't read any longer. I changed the sensor to a known good sensor and then discovered the bad module. I suspect it got wet when I was powder riding and died. I've now mounted it up front in the sled where its less susceptible to snow and wetness.

I had the GAP AEM go bad and I just bought a replacement AEM 30-0310 controller off from Amazon, cut the ends of the GAP one off and reconnected to the new one and it works fine with my closed loop as well. Data logger shows it adjusting just as it should. Perhaps it comes flashed to a OBDII already?

All I know is the off the shelf controller (also came with a new sensor) worked just fine for me once I swaped the ends out to it with no special programing.
Bringing this the top as I think my module is bad. SO you just purchased this one and everything worked fine after swapping the ends? This seems like a much cheaper replacement if that's the case!

Bringing this the top as I think my module is bad. SO you just purchased this one and everything worked fine after swapping the ends? This seems like a much cheaper replacement if that's the case!

Installed it on my 17 and it worked great, now using it on my 23 and working fine also. Cut two wires as I recall from the original plug and installed them on the one I bought from Amazon on the same color wires and plugged it in. Worked just as it was supposed to. Take note of the wire colors as I forget which ones they were, it will help other down the road I'm sure.

Went from having it in the snow and wetness behind the oil tank/chaincase however and routed the new module up front along the charge tube to the front intercooler to keep this new one dry. I figured the first one failed because it was getting wet behind the oil tank with snow getting up in that rear side of the right panel.

Installed it on my 17 and it worked great, now using it on my 23 and working fine also. Cut two wires as I recall from the original plug and installed them on the one I bought from Amazon on the same color wires and plugged it in. Worked just as it was supposed to. Take note of the wire colors as I forget which ones they were, it will help other down the road I'm sure.

Went from having it in the snow and wetness behind the oil tank/chaincase however and routed the new module up front along the charge tube to the front intercooler to keep this new one dry. I figured the first one failed because it was getting wet behind the oil tank with snow getting up in that rear side of the right panel.
Great! Thanks so much for the input1

I installed my AEM module right in front of the steering post on the fuel rack. I can see the indicator light thru the plastic venting (where the goggle bag goes) and the heat from the engine keeps it dry.

Back