• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket Exhaust - Nytro

SnowLurk

Is exhaust tuning easy now with fuel injection? Seen people out there putting aftermarket exhaust on nytro, but it seems they are more interested in how it sounds than funtion. I would like to put on a pipe for performance before show. Does fuel injection make worries go away or do I need to be carefull with what I put on. I have seen lots fo info. on yoshimura rs-5 pipe. Its a cool looking pipe, but how well does it work? :whine:

From what I gather, everyone puts pipes on for sound and to lighten the sled up. I am like you, I would only spend the bucks to get a performance gain. I know there is weight savings but if you remove 8 lbs from the rear you would have to remove 8 from the front. The nytro is pretty well balanced from what I have seen.

From what I know, if you put a pipe on and to get more power you have to add more air and more fuel. Slapping a pipe on will lean it out with out adding fuel. The fuel injection is a open loop system and has no O2 sensors. It runs off pre selected mapping based on elevation and temperature. So a pipe is going to mess with this unless you have a fuel controller.

I have a 08 RTX with a Yosh RS5. I did notice a few lean spots in it. I also run a power commander and a igntion module. I really didnt notice any lean spots, but I did make a few adjustments with the power commander and added a little fuel in spots. But ya I'm the same way, I want this pipe to look good, sound good, but I WILL not sacrifice performance.

You can balance the weight of a lighter pipe by swapping out to a lighter battery and Ulmer's Filter kit. So far, I've removed about 30 lbs from my 08 RTX.

How do you balance the weight of the ice build up?? Also, what about if it has an empty tank vs. a full one? As long as you don't sacrafice durability, lighter should always be better. If you are talking under 5 lbs, I don't think it is a big deal...but you should start noticing once you get up in the 20-30 lbs. range.

This is just my .01...which is mass otimized from my .02.

Its amazing that loud pipes close trails but loud pipes on a harley, and should I say extremely loud are fine on the roads and highways.

Nytro40th said:
Its amazing that loud pipes close trails but loud pipes on a harley, and should I say extremely loud are fine on the roads and highways.

No Doubt, I am tired of the loud harleys and wanna be bikers with their homemade chop bikes in Thompson.

YamYboY said:
how much weight did you drop with the Ulmers filter kit?

I didn't exactly weigh the difference, but I'm sure a few lbs at least.

Run down on the weight loss so far...

battery swap - 13 lbs
Exhaust mod - 14 lbs
K&N Filter kit - 3 lbs (guess)
Tunnel protectors - 3 lbs
Slydog wheels/skis - 2 lbs

And there might be more, can't quite remember...lol !

Nytro40th said:

When is the last time you saw a Harley riding on PRIVATE PROPERTY!?

It is not an apples to apples comparison. You can HATE loud Harley's driving through your subdivision at 2am all you want, problem is, you don't own the street - landowners do own much of the trail system.

my .02

yami ryder said:
My excell sounds great. Load pipes save lifes...That is what works on my harley but we don't want any trails closed because of excessive noise.....

so do helmets but most harley riders dont wear them either! Anyway whoever has the stupidity to say that loud pipes save lives is a moron :die It really does sound stupid think about it! :o|

Back