• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket Flex Pipes for my 05 Vector

4strokeluvr111

Please stay between the markers!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Bought a new 05 Vector which I still have
24K miles
I'm replacing both the header and muffler assy. in my 05 Vector. I would like to install aftermarket flex pipes as FX Garage offers. But as I'm unemployed and need to do things as cost-effective (cheap) as possible, almost $400 for the FX Garage ones. I've seen them on Amazon for under $25 ea. Not as complete as FX Garage's but....

Has anyone used anything else than the FX Garage ones? I know you usually get what you pay for but right now, I need to watch my costs. I could just put it back together when I get the replacement part but I figure since I'm in there, I'm going to do it right.

Reduced Image.jpg

I would look at used parts myself if on a budget. Try Barn of Parts. I've bought through them. It was a simple process and parts were shipped right away. Or maybe a local sled parting out guy???

I would look at used parts myself if on a budget. Try Barn of Parts. I've bought through them. It was a simple process and parts were shipped right away. Or maybe a local sled parting out guy???
The stock flex pipes seem OK. I've bought from Travis for a long time. This is what I'm talking about:

I THINK that because my chassis has so many miles on it the engine is flexing the chassis so I need more "give" so the exhaust can move more than what the stock flex pipes allow for. Could be that the motor mounts are worn and need replacing. I don't know.

You need to check where the tunnel is riveted to the forward part of the chassis. Most of these DB sleds develop “slop” here with high miles, especially if ridden hard, or continuously on really rough trails. As the rivets loosen the two halves of the sled can flex a fair amount and this causes beaucoup issues with the exhaust pieces.

You need to check where the tunnel is riveted to the forward part of the chassis. Most of these DB sleds develop “slop” here with high miles, especially if ridden hard, or continuously on really rough trails. As the rivets loosen the two halves of the sled can flex a fair amount and this causes beaucoup issues with the exhaust pieces.
I've checked what I can easily see and there are no loose rivets. I don't ride hard and really never have.

Back