• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

aggressive skis?

2BLUE4U said:
I have C&A XTX skis on my XTX and I love it. It corners like its on rails, very little darting, off trail they don't float as well as my sly dogs did on my nytro but still not bad.

2 Blue - what changes did you make to get this thing to handle on rails. I put dual 6" carbides on the stock skis, took about 10 turns out of the front skid shock and still cannot get any front bite it pushes through every turn. I put my Simmons skis on it with 2 8" carbides on each but have not had it back out yet.

Chris, On the USI's are you using the dualies or single runners? I have a set of dualies from my Apex, thinking I might try singles but don't want any darting.

09nytro said:
On arcticchat they say the powder pros work very well on this chassis with the spls 6" carbide on them

+1.. That's what I use and am happy... and I ride 90% trail 10% off... unless I'm out West but then it's a long track 2 stroke for me :)

The only time I get any inside ski lift or pushing on my Viper is in off camber corners with big bumps... but I run a pretty stiff front end so I'm not surprised that happens. If I soften compression it gets better but all suspension set-ups are a compromise and modifying your riding style helps.

I think we all know "that guy" who's just as fast as the rest on the trails on his 10 year old sled... that's because he knows exactly what his sled is going to do in all circumstances. My point is that I think people just need to ride their Viper's more and learn how it responds to different inputs in different situations and with different suspension settings. What works for some may not work for all!

SLP also has a new ski out that has me intrigued.

http://www.slp.cc/mohawk/index.html

Just got my SLP carbides today so I'm putting them back on and giving them another try , the shaper bar was just to much on this ski and chassis for me anyway .

Rode 102 miles yesterday with the turner skis for the first time. On hard pack groomed trails they were great. No darting and no push. In the loose snow they did push alittle but o think most skis do. I have 4 inch woodies shapers in the inside and 2 inch round on the outside.

Did they increase the steering effert any? Did they get rid of that high speed push? Tuners are the route i'm thinking about trying

Steering effort was about the same and no push on hard pack that i noticed but i am still breaking in so I wasnt really pushing the sled much. Canada next weekend and I will get to put some miles on an cut it loose alittle more.

Hey attacker what rubber stopper (boots) did you use to with your tuners ? Garyw used ones off 13 Nytro with some modifications to them.

Yamadog said:
2BLUE4U said:
I have C&A XTX skis on my XTX and I love it. It corners like its on rails, very little darting, off trail they don't float as well as my sly dogs did on my nytro but still not bad.

2 Blue - what changes did you make to get this thing to handle on rails. I put dual 6" carbides on the stock skis, took about 10 turns out of the front skid shock and still cannot get any front bite it pushes through every turn. I put my Simmons skis on it with 2 8" carbides on each but have not had it back out yet.

I have stud boy 6" shaper bars and set my RC2's to 150 PSI/50 PSI...that's it. I rolled it on the lake over NYE weekend (hit some frozen slush and hurt myself worse than the sled I think) but I'll back up north riding on Thursday. I wanna mess with the shock settings some more and see if I can eliminate a little bit of the steering effort...that's about the only downfall. The harder you take the corner, the better those C&A's perform...Very nice aggressive ski.

I am sorry to hear that you got hurt by slush!!! at least the sled is ok HA-HA I got mine out on Saturday with the simmons and it is a huge difference. I did not get to ride many tight twisties but it felt more sure footed and handled the ditches much better. Hope to be leaving Wednesday for the UP.

fxnytroxtx said:
Hmm those slp mohawk skis got me intrigued also.

Mine are shipping tomorrow :Rockon:

The Powder Pro's work awesome and I recommend them but I'm curious to see if the Mohawks are noticeably better.

fxnytroxtx said:
wot-75 said:
fxnytroxtx said:
Hmm those slp mohawk skis got me intrigued also.

Mine are shipping tomorrow :Rockon:

The Powder Pro's work awesome and I recommend them but I'm curious to see if the Mohawks are noticeably better.

Let us know how you like 'em.

I will but it's going to be couple weeks... heading out to Idaho on Sunday to ride some long track next week.... :Rockon:

Back