• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow Trackers, the Darting Fixall?

Gone Blue

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08' Nytro RTX 40th Anniversary - Stretched
Well after 4 plus thousand miles on my 2008' RTX stretched to 144' since I bought and built it, I think its time to try and reduce the darting that I always tell myself is not that bad, lol. I have a totally stock 08' front end and have been running 6.9 Pilots with 6" carbides down the center and 4' on the outside. I have been happy with the handling and steering effort with these skis and my suspension set up for how I ride. Just looking to tame the darting and everyone also mentions how great Snow Trackers are. I just installed the Semi-Aggressive carbide set up for Pilot skis. Still need to adjust my ski alignment to a zero toe. So we will see how these work and if they are worth the money! G.B.

Attachments

• IMG_6269.jpg
    IMG_6269.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6270 (1).jpg
    IMG_6270 (1).jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 36

are your front end bushings tight?
mine where loose @1100 miles

are your front end bushings tight?
mine where loose @1100 miles
The front end is still pretty tight. I installed oillite bushings in the A arms, all new Yamaha ball joints, and UPBushmans SS spindle kit 4,000 miles ago, and new outer Yamaha tie rod ends last year. Darting is snow and trail condition variable, I am interested in seeing if Snow Trackers work as well as most people say they do.

Welcome to a whole new level of steering control. After checking it out you might choose to lighten the preload on the ski springs if needed. All I can say is you're going to kick your self for waiting so long to try them.

They eliminate darting when the correctors are good, when the correctors wear down, they will steer harder and dart on firmer conditions.

IMO you should have done the Aggressive. The semis will certainly push more.

Back