• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Air box mod diverter

hognit09

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 viper ltx le,2016 viper ltx dx
Doing the airbox mod and wondering is there any benefit to bending the diverter? The diverter has a a slot to fit in On the shelf plate and if it’s not in there wouldn’t it vibrate ? My shelf plate also has this grove running through it so I sanded the diverter a little in hopes it won’t wear through and crack

Ah ha, that may be why I got a new load noise after the air box mod. I never adhered it down or remove the small ribs the plate used to fit into.

My shelf had white dust on it at 500km when I opened it. Couldn't handle the thought of it possibly continuing and going in carbs. Shelf was removed and diverter heated and bent.

Mine actually has a groove worn in shelf, that extends from slot that holds divider in

Attachments

• 9F0839A8-AADC-4745-84B1-20F41BB4C534.jpeg
    9F0839A8-AADC-4745-84B1-20F41BB4C534.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 121
Haven’t decided if I should buy a new shelf or lay some of that black ultra down that groove. Might also put some of the black ultra were the bent divider meets with shelf

I glued the whole divider in. That prevents it from vibrating. I wouldnt put it on the groove. Just get a new divider and glue it in or leave it out. Too risky to have that glue come off and go in motor.

Does the air box mod actually help? New to the SR Viper and looking/reading a lot. Just trying to separate fact and fiction. Thanks Guys.

Its the sum of a few things that works. Airbox, can and clutching. Can doesn't have to be loud or anything it will just flow better and save some weight. Clutch kit will get you softer engagement and a bit better top speed.

Back