• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AmsOil Vs. Yamalube

Wasn't at one time Yamalube was made by Citgo until Mr. Cavass or whatever his name was died?
But here in Superior Wi where they manufacture Amsoil but they don't have there own Refinery.
They buy there base stock from guess who?
That's right comes right from Houston Tx from Mobile in 30,000 gal tank cars. work for
How I know this is I work for the Rail Road that delivers them and personally spotted these cars these cars to them

That’s no secret, all them do it. It’s the additives that make the oil special.

Not a good sign for how this winter is starting if I'm commenting on an oil thread. Started a new Apex on yamalube for 3 seasons, went to Amsoil for 3 seasons and just switched back this year to YLube. Reasons - Amsoil was almost black when I changed it and Yamalube looked almost new (approx 2000 miles). Sled used a bit of oil with Amsoil during the season and needed none with Yamalube. To me it appears the amsoil 0-40 synthetic breaks down in the Apex.

Not a good sign for how this winter is starting if I'm commenting on an oil thread. Started a new Apex on yamalube for 3 seasons, went to Amsoil for 3 seasons and just switched back this year to YLube. Reasons - Amsoil was almost black when I changed it and Yamalube looked almost new (approx 2000 miles). Sled used a bit of oil with Amsoil during the season and needed none with Yamalube. To me it appears the amsoil 0-40 synthetic breaks down in the Apex.
PLEASE take a minute and THINK about what you just said... First of all,, OIL does a few things, #1 is LUBRICATE, #2 is CLEANS the DEPOSITS.. If you have a sled that's USING OIL,, that means that the oil is getting where it supposed to be getting and BURNING in the combustion process,, THUS consuming some oil.. An engine that CONSUMES some oil is running BETTER than an engine that DOES NOT CONSUME SOME OIL... It SUPPOSED TO CONSUME SOME OIL !!! Secondly an oil that looks DIRTY AS HELL is ACTUALLY DOINAG A LOT BETTER JOB than an oil that DOESNT LOOK DIRTY AT ALL.. the DIRTY is stuck ALL OVER THE INSIDES OF YOUR ENGINE and the oil doesn't have the ADDITIVE PACKAGE to dissolve the GARBAGE and keep it suspended in the oil.. So,, youre THEORIES are ABSOLUTELY DEAD WRONG !!!! You WANT a sled that consumes oil AND you want DIRTY OIL.. The OIL is doing its JOB !!!!!

PLEASE take a minute and THINK about what you just said... First of all,, OIL does a few things, #1 is LUBRICATE, #2 is CLEANS the DEPOSITS.. If you have a sled that's USING OIL,, that means that the oil is getting where it supposed to be getting and BURNING in the combustion process,, THUS consuming some oil.. An engine that CONSUMES some oil is running BETTER than an engine that DOES NOT CONSUME SOME OIL... It SUPPOSED TO CONSUME SOME OIL !!! Secondly an oil that looks DIRTY AS HELL is ACTUALLY DOINAG A LOT BETTER JOB than an oil that DOESNT LOOK DIRTY AT ALL.. the DIRTY is stuck ALL OVER THE INSIDES OF YOUR ENGINE and the oil doesn't have the ADDITIVE PACKAGE to dissolve the GARBAGE and keep it suspended in the oil.. So,, youre THEORIES are ABSOLUTELY DEAD WRONG !!!! You WANT a sled that consumes oil AND you want DIRTY OIL.. The OIL is doing its JOB !!!!!
Although I ABSOLUTELY HATE AMSOIL and everything to do with it because of the COMPANY MARKETING STRATEGY,, you ABSOLUTELY want SYNTHETIC OIL and ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT YAMALUBE !!!! AMSOIL is 100 TIMES THE OIL of Yamalube and your TESTING JUST PROVED IT !!!!! Im sorry,, but JUSTIFYING STUPID just KILLS ME...

Please switch to KLOTZ either 0W30 OR 0W40 SNOW X 4 .. Please... also PLEASE change the OIL FILTER TOO !!!! OIl that isn't getting dirty isn't doing its JOB.. CHEAP CITGO ADDITIVE PACKAGE just CONFIRMED that YAMALUBE is JUNK !!!

Nosboy I see you’ve acquainted yourself with the Font size adjustment!
Really bangs the point home!
Chill pill bro
:drink:Wow took a whole beer to write the word adjustment!

I agree, just because the motor oil looks dirty means nothing as far as wear is concerned. Ninety five percent of the “black” in motor oil is carbon from the combustion process.

If your oil was dirty from wear and particles enough see a large color change..... yer motor is shot. Where oil is used in gearboxes, oil bath bearings and hydraulic systems, oil never even gets black but it’s dirty. Black motor oil is carbon from the combustion process.
Like Nosboy says, :drink:#*$&@ I need another beer...

Oil consumption is probably due to the fact amsoil has a much better film strength than yamagarbage and the rings have a harder time scraping it off the cylinder walls, not a big deal.

Trust me there is no possible way Yamalube is protecting engine better than amsoil, klotz, or any other good quality full synthetic racing oil. You should however never try and run racing oils for over one season. If you have a 300hp tune and do big miles you might want to consider changing oil halfway through the season. Most racing oils have limited service life compared to regular or extended life oils.

:drink:Ok now I’m getting a buzz,
mission accomplished!

Having fresh oil in my engine is like a new pair of socks. Both make me happy.
Thick, fluffy, white & don't smell. Just a good day!
Not to be compared to new underwear which is more of a sanitary issue plus the waistband needs to be broken in.

I change oil often.
I have performance oil in a performance machine.
To me an extra $50 to $100 is nothing for the sport i love.

Since i can't go riding yet, i may have to go get some new socks.........................i like to be happy!

Last edited:
When I owned a Yamaha I ran Yamalube for a couple seasons. I then switched to Amsoil after a couple seasons because I became a dealer. I'm a huge believer that Amsoil is hands down the best on the market. There are videos that prove it. I ran a 2 stroke sled over 6000 miles (not easy miles either) and I'm convinced its because I was using Amsoil in it. I using all of their products in everything I own not because I'm a dealer but because I truly believe they make the best products on the market.

PLEASE take a minute and THINK about what you just said... First of all,, OIL does a few things, #1 is LUBRICATE, #2 is CLEANS the DEPOSITS.. If you have a sled that's USING OIL,, that means that the oil is getting where it supposed to be getting and BURNING in the combustion process,, THUS consuming some oil.. An engine that CONSUMES some oil is running BETTER than an engine that DOES NOT CONSUME SOME OIL... It SUPPOSED TO CONSUME SOME OIL !!! Secondly an oil that looks DIRTY AS HELL is ACTUALLY DOINAG A LOT BETTER JOB than an oil that DOESNT LOOK DIRTY AT ALL.. the DIRTY is stuck ALL OVER THE INSIDES OF YOUR ENGINE and the oil doesn't have the ADDITIVE PACKAGE to dissolve the GARBAGE and keep it suspended in the oil.. So,, youre THEORIES are ABSOLUTELY DEAD WRONG !!!!
Although I ABSOLUTELY HATE AMSOIL and everything to do with it because of the COMPANY MARKETING STRATEGY,, you ABSOLUTELY want SYNTHETIC OIL and ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT YAMALUBE !!!! AMSOIL is 100 TIMES THE OIL of Yamalube and your TESTING JUST PROVED IT !!!!! Im sorry,, but JUSTIFYING STUPID just KILLS ME...
While justifying my stupidity, I've wondered the same thing while changing it the last couple times - if the dirty oil is better than the cleaner oil and even again when typing my post. However, maybe it's the Amsoil 0-40 that sucks and causing ring wear and oil burning leading to dirty oil and premature engine wear? I don't think Yamaha, even as a marketing gimmick would warranty their engines for 100,000 miles if they weren't confident in the Yamalube 0-40 Synthetic doing it's job. I'd still rather have no oil burning than "some". An old car I have with 272,000 miles on the original engine and NO oil burning, ever, would agree. I realize some on this site invented snowmobiles, engines and good wrenching, while the rest of us are just plain stupid so I'll grab some Quaker State lawnmower oil and give that a try. It probably won't make a difference either way.

Nosboy I see you’ve acquainted yourself with the Font size adjustment!
Really bangs the point home!
Chill pill bro
:drink:Wow took a whole beer to write the word adjustment!

I agree, just because the motor oil looks dirty means nothing as far as wear is concerned. Ninety five percent of the “black” in motor oil is carbon from the combustion process.

If your oil was dirty from wear and particles enough see a large color change..... yer motor is shot. Where oil is used in gearboxes, oil bath bearings and hydraulic systems, oil never even gets black but it’s dirty. Black motor oil is carbon from the combustion process.
Like Nosboy says, :drink:#*$&@ I need another beer...

Oil consumption is probably due to the fact amsoil has a much better film strength than yamagarbage and the rings have a harder time scraping it off the cylinder walls, not a big deal.

Trust me there is no possible way Yamalube is protecting engine better than amsoil, klotz, or any other good quality full synthetic racing oil. You should however never try and run racing oils for over one season. If you have a 300hp tune and do big miles you might want to consider changing oil halfway through the season. Most racing oils have limited service life compared to regular or extended life oils.

:drink:Ok now I’m getting a buzz,
mission accomplished!
LOL! I'm not multifont trained yet, myself.

I've had a fear of Quaker State since my teen years. Must have been a bad batch some 40 years ago that I heard about. Never bought a quart in my life! Amsoil seems to be to oil as BOSE is to speakers. A marketing company first that happens to sell a product. This doesn't mean that the products are sub-standard, just that you pay dearly for the add campaign when you buy it.

I've had a fear of Quaker State since my teen years. Must have been a bad batch some 40 years ago that I heard about. Never bought a quart in my life! Amsoil seems to be to oil as BOSE is to speakers. A marketing company first that happens to sell a product. This doesn't mean that the products are sub-standard, just that you pay dearly for the add campaign when you buy it.

Great point!
The difference is BOSE are 5 times the price while Amsoil is within a dollar a quart of equal quality.

While justifying my stupidity, I've wondered the same thing while changing it the last couple times - if the dirty oil is better than the cleaner oil and even again when typing my post. However, maybe it's the Amsoil 0-40 that sucks and causing ring wear and oil burning leading to dirty oil and premature engine wear? I don't think Yamaha, even as a marketing gimmick would warranty their engines for 100,000 miles if they weren't confident in the Yamalube 0-40 Synthetic doing it's job. I'd still rather have no oil burning than "some". An old car I have with 272,000 miles on the original engine and NO oil burning, ever, would agree. I realize some on this site invented snowmobiles, engines and good wrenching, while the rest of us are just plain stupid so I'll grab some Quaker State lawnmower oil and give that a try. It probably won't make a difference either way.

Don’t get mad and lash out, I’m just telling you your thinking is flawed. no offense.

Not sure how you figured amsoil gives you more ring wear, but how I explained it is the film strength is much higher and the rings have a harder time scraping the oil from the cylinder walls, leading to some burning of oil. It has been known for a long time that you can’t even break in a new engine with synthetic oil, it won’t allow the rings to seat properly it works so good! So yea yer wrong with the whole ring wear thing also.

I’ll say it again, your oil discoloration is from carbon produced from combustion process, not metal particles.

I don’t think your stupid at all, that’s a very logical assumption that you have made.

I will say nosboy tore into you pretty hard, I would be offended if someone attacked me like that.

:drink:

Last edited:

Back