• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

An other Newb. Jumping to the dark side from Doo!

I'm from Muskoka Ontario. I am the most hard core Doo guy you will ever meet. If I do a big ride or weekend of ditch bangin, my sled will be torn right to the sub frame after to make sure nothing is broke, which half the time something is, then fixed for tomorrows ride. Today, my stripped crank might cost me an other $600. If I wasn't such good friends and have a lot of hook ups with Doo parts, I'de be waiting weeks for my parts here. Which is a complete turn off of brands to me. I'm doing the Yamaha route because IMO, everything about Skidoo right now is complete and utter $hit. It's run flawless since day one, till this last week when everything is just bustin up. I never thought I'de see this day.
Still getting used to the forum set up here, it's a lot different than Dootalk! Oh, and I'm 100% sure on the 1.75 track, sliders are the least of my worries. I want a sled that will make me have as close to the fun I do on my Backcountry! I think I'll be all-round happy with the switch

Well sleadhead747r i think you will enjoy the nytro.I was a die hard doo man also and im on dootalk as well.My rev this year cost me $1800 for motor work and i decided to buy a yamaha.I have an 08 nytro rtx se and i live in manitoba so i do alot of ditchbanging and a little in da hills.Im using cheap aftermarket sliders with the front wheel kit and after a 1060km they are still good.Yes they wear fast at the start but after that point you are good for a while.I ride this thing hard and have bent it up on a rock but other than that i just come home and wait to ride.With my doo i would always come home and tinker to make sure its good for the next ride,now i just ride.I have had a 1200 doo for a weekend and it does not compare to the nytro as far as power and torque.I went with yamy and im super stocked with it and think my rev will be for sale this spring so i can get another nytro...

Yep. Thats why in not considering the 1200. I originally wanted it, but it's the same, well handling, but tin foil chassis.

I hear complete opposite stories from some people. Some say the Nytro front end is a lot tougher, and some say it's way weaker. Oh well, I have all summer for re-enforcing and tinkering with it!

welcome to the dark side denver ! it might take you a bit to tune and tinker with the Nytro but for sure you'll be happy. why not use shortie with that track ?

sledhead747r said:
I'm from Muskoka Ontario. I am the most hard core Doo guy you will ever meet. If I do a big ride or weekend of ditch bangin, my sled will be torn right to the sub frame after to make sure nothing is broke, which half the time something is, then fixed for tomorrows ride. Today, my stripped crank might cost me an other $600. If I wasn't such good friends and have a lot of hook ups with Doo parts, I'de be waiting weeks for my parts here. Which is a complete turn off of brands to me. I'm doing the Yamaha route because IMO, everything about Skidoo right now is complete and utter $hit. It's run flawless since day one, till this last week when everything is just bustin up. I never thought I'de see this day.
Still getting used to the forum set up here, it's a lot different than Dootalk! Oh, and I'm 100% sure on the 1.75 track, sliders are the least of my worries. I want a sled that will make me have as close to the fun I do on my Backcountry! I think I'll be all-round happy with the switch

Don't shy away from the 1.75 track it works very well on the Nytro. I have a 136x15x1.75 doo hill-X track on mine and it's wicked when matched with the Nytro's torque. When properly outfitted the Nytro is a wicked backcountry sled.

I ride an 09 600 etec Renegade at work. I blew the first motor apart and got a new one for 2010. I now have a 2011 computer system in it and the bill was $1600 bucks to fix all the problems just a couple of weeks ago. The sled still will not start in the cold.

The sled bounces on the lake like a wild kite in the wind and I am tired and sore after a couple of hundred kms trying to hang on. Yes, it is good on the groomed trail, but who rides trails? There IS something positive to be said for extra weight.

Yesterday I had it out in the middle of nowhere in the rain. The snow and slush was deep on the lakes and the sled was pushing so hard I thought the motor was going to blow and the clutches were searing hot. I had to tone things down in order to get back to the truck. I brought it back to the dealer...again and left it there.

When I am on my days off, I jump on my Yamaha's and it is a totally different experience.

The more I drive the doo, the more I hate it. The more I drive the Yamaha, the more I like it. Yes, my Nytro has issues too and I did get quite pissed one day because it was up for sale. It snowed hard, then I changed my mind and will be doing adjustments. I like it so much better. It is fun to do mods as long as they aren't way too expensive. The best thing to do is not to add up the total. I bought my sled for real cheap so I can afford a few mods when the money presents itself.

The mods I will be looking into are:
dropping the suspension into the tunnel
new skis (deciding on which ones)
135mm idlers (although my slides are still good)
oft relocate someday

The issues with the nytro are well documented especially withthe 08's. It"s nice to check the sled over, fill the gas and go. Thats with10000km on the clock. The thing that I love about Yamaha and prevents me from looking elsewhere, is that a 4 yr old sled can still be cleaned up and look sharp. Although I was a die hard AC man in a past life, you just don't see that with any other manufacturer. :Rockon:

canuk77 said:
Well sleadhead747r i think you will enjoy the nytro.I was a die hard doo man also and im on dootalk as well.My rev this year cost me $1800 for motor work and i decided to buy a yamaha.I have an 08 nytro rtx se and i live in manitoba so i do alot of ditchbanging and a little in da hills.Im using cheap aftermarket sliders with the front wheel kit and after a 1060km they are still good.Yes they wear fast at the start but after that point you are good for a while.I ride this thing hard and have bent it up on a rock but other than that i just come home and wait to ride.With my doo i would always come home and tinker to make sure its good for the next ride,now i just ride.I have had a 1200 doo for a weekend and it does not compare to the nytro as far as power and torque.I went with yamy and im super stocked with it and think my rev will be for sale this spring so i can get another nytro...

Lets not get too carried away lol, I ride with three '09 XTX's and the power is pretty close, I have won more drag races against them than I've lost with my 1200. Cost of ownership, I now have 9,105km on the 1200 and so far it's cost me a set of sliders and two sets of carbides and four oil changes I think.

cutlass7 said:
canuk77 said:
Well sleadhead747r i think you will enjoy the nytro.I was a die hard doo man also and im on dootalk as well.My rev this year cost me $1800 for motor work and i decided to buy a yamaha.I have an 08 nytro rtx se and i live in manitoba so i do alot of ditchbanging and a little in da hills.Im using cheap aftermarket sliders with the front wheel kit and after a 1060km they are still good.Yes they wear fast at the start but after that point you are good for a while.I ride this thing hard and have bent it up on a rock but other than that i just come home and wait to ride.With my doo i would always come home and tinker to make sure its good for the next ride,now i just ride.I have had a 1200 doo for a weekend and it does not compare to the nytro as far as power and torque.I went with yamy and im super stocked with it and think my rev will be for sale this spring so i can get another nytro...[/qu

Lets not get too carried away lol, I ride with three '09 XTX's and the power is pretty close, I have won more drag races against them than I've lost with my 1200. Cost of ownership, I now have 9,105km on the 1200 and so far it's cost me a set of sliders and two sets of carbides and four oil changes I think.
Ahhh Doo riders You gotta love em! :jump:

Oh, forgot, that's 9,100km on the original belt....don't know why it's lasting so long but now it's turned into a challenge to see how long it will go! LOL!!!

cutlass7 said:
Oh, forgot, that's 9,100km on the original belt....don't know why it's lasting so long but now it's turned into a challenge to see how long it will go! LOL!!!

sounds like you found your perfect sled......i have never tried one but many seem to like them. They appear to be a great cruiser sled ? hope to get one at some point. Must get boring riding a sled that goes where you want and when you want it ! ! us Nytro boyz would get bored with that LOL ?

Back