• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Annual Weinie Roast at Lakewoods, Cable, WI

Turboflash

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 ZR9000 Ltd. 137 - PEFI Stage 4
Wondering if anyone else went this past weekend? I know Clutchmaster, Cannondale, Beerman were up in the area. Races had to get moved to Friday night due to prediction of rain/melt-down for Saturday which proved true. Saturday was mostly drizzle/light rain/sleet all day. Turned into major ice storm.
Outlaws raced Friday night on a very good groomed track. Outlaw winner was Mike Allen on "The Grinch". It's a nitro-methane burning monster built by Hypersports.
Amazing technology!! Amazingly fast! Absolute piece of art! Sled ran 167.74 MPH in 500' in 3.16 secs!!! Made the lake thunder when he let go of the button. 60 ft. time was just under 1.0 sec!! (and that's on snow!). The Grinch is a 4 cylinder, custom built engine with a Hayabusa head. 1,100 HP @ around 11,000 RPM. Blower was set to only 45 psi. He said for next year they're gonna turn up and try to get it up to 60-70 psi which he said will be about 1,500 HP!! 174" track with over 300 3/4" wide x 2-1/2" long aluminum snow chisels.

Good time was had by all!! Lots of people. Good food, good fun. Spectator track for grudge racing. No classes per se. No tech. Just run your buddy deal.
1646674391670.png

Second went to Dominic Ernst on another beautiful outlaw finished runner-up about 5-6 lengths back. He told us he had nothing for Allen.
1646674615820.png

Attachments

• Grinch2.1.jpg
    Grinch2.1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Grinch1.1.jpg
    Grinch1.1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Grinch3.1.jpg
    Grinch3.1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 154

Snow Outlaws is the NHRA Top Fuel, Funny Car, & Prostock classes on snow, just awesome to see in person.

Snow Outlaws is the NHRA Top Fuel, Funny Car, & Prostock classes on snow, just awesome to see in person.

Sure shows the power they have. It's really a sport that is for the guys with lots of money in their pockets. Seems crazy to me to spend literally hundreds of thousands of dollars to build a machine that can take-home just a lousy $5000 paycheck IF you win. How stupid is that?

I made more money on a weekend than that, racing way back in the day on factory sleds anyone could purchase and race, in classes that all of us raced in with rules that even a poor guy could win at if you put in the time testing and putting forth the effort. To race here you need cubic dollars, then just dole it all out to Hypersports week after week..... Its a loosing proposition even when you win! the only winner in this is Hypersports.

Got to have lifestyles of the rich and famous. What a deal that Hypersports has developed, build them and sell them to the rich dudes, asking hundred of thousands of dollars for a single sled build, then sell them all the expensive spare engines, parts and components and guy to tune it at the races. To race a circuit built and run by themselves, and keep it all going like that. I'll hand it to them, they cornered the market on a rich mans playground and have to be raking it in the money by the buckets every week.

Very true. Mike Allen "won" $4,000 at this Outlaw Final. I think he won at least 3 of the 4 Outlaw events so maybe won $12,000. To get "The Grinch" ready to run, they must have $200,000 invested, all in. Hypersports is the BIG winner for sure. Good for the sport but a bad investment.

I was in Hayward and planned on coming up Sat on the twincharged but like you said rained out, you couldn't even walk in the parking lo at Pat's Landing. I bailed on Saturday morning PO'ed and disappointed I didn't get to see everyone.

Also agree with @KnappAttack that is just stupid money. I have always fantasized about starting a run what ya brun event up there where you have to trail ride your sled through whooped out trails for 30-50 miles, then a top speed run, and a 1/4, all scored and weighted differently. Make it so the guy on a 600 that ride like a baller has a chance to win. Our winders and my apex would take the top speed and 1/4 times but would be weighted less. Or get 3 winners out of it. Cost $40 to enter and all money goes to the local clubs. I am tired of most all of motorsports where the most money wins. I would like it get back to trash talking buddies grudge racing for drinks or cheesburgers and pride.

Agree on "trail" sled. Many/most of the "trail" sleds that ran on spectator track were NOT trail sleds.
They were lowered way down, open pipes or side-exit turbos, quick-connect cool-down carts, stutter boxes on 2 strokes, 120 lb riders, racing seats, etc. Most ran race fuel. There were cans of VP Q16 or C16 sitting all over near starting line. I wanted to challenge some of them to first go on a real trail ride (50 miles) THEN race. Of course, they would decline because they're not trail sleds.
In defense of the club there, they don't have the resources to run a real "trail sled" event. For them it was just a fund raiser.

I was up there all week staying at Four Seasons Resort. Had a great time and trails were amazing. Friday some other friends came into town and we rode for the day. Unfortunately we never made it down to the races. The ice Friday night was crazy. I'd guess 3/8" thick. I loaded up Friday evening in anticipation of the ice. Glad I did. I also ended up coming home Saturday afternoon.
IMG-3056.jpg
Attachment.JPG
IMG-3063.jpg
IMG-3064.jpg

The issue with these kind of events are you have two class of sleds. But they are usually thrown in the same “class”. Pump gas TRAIL SLEDS and race gas( chisels) should be separated for sure. Bents camp is kinda the same. They all really should be separate classes. It’s not to hard to figure it out. The smell is very obvious.

Back