• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another PRO NYTRO!!

kennyspec

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
nytro
I managed to stumble across this today..........

BD7A5208-B21C-4B17-B0C7-232C5B8DEFAD-5582-000002C5FA698221.jpg

I tried to take the bulkhead off the tunnel nicely but i couldn't pry it apart because of that stupid glue!! So I took it apart the next best way.....with my plasma cutter.

F92919BE-0BBE-4590-93E3-53753DF2BD44-5582-000002C5F3E6FAD3.jpg

The plan is to build a jig off of the bulkhead and build a new tube subframe with the rush geometry. I seen in another thread someone is trying to bolt on the subframe to the nytro. Should also be a interesting thread.

The tunnel is super light and i really like the idea of having the heat exchangers as part of the tunnel structure. I could basically build a tunnel using these exchangers and all flat sheet. No bending would be required. I just know that not many people like a flat top tunnel as it digs into your boots while riding.

6AD6E4EC-A6C9-4115-AF12-F0324D587C36-5582-000002C604D526D0.jpg

9992C097-C804-4348-8C5B-91C15B8F5A26-5582-000002C5FFBB3CB0.jpg

nothing too exciting probably wont happen until after winter. For now i may just try to get started on my jig. My biggest hurdle i think will be the steering setup.

I was going to say, why didn't you just apply some heat to the area and the adhesive is made to release? The product they use is Lords 416 or something like that. Unfortunate that you destroyed the tunnel.

It willl be a pretty cool project if you can get it all to fit together!

All I am after is the cast bulkhead to use as a jig. The reason I got this chassis is that it was involved in a crash and it was actually kinked right where I cut it. The tunnel also has a slight twist to it. That's why I was not too concerned with cutting it apart. I really do like the design of the rear exchangers acting as the corners of the tunnel. I just don't know if a flat top tunnel is a good idea on a Nytro as it is so tall. Unless I was to raise the running board height.....but I dunno if that would be a good idea or not

I wouldn't raise the running board height, keep the C of G low. Also, coming from I think the only person to run a full height flat top tunnel on a Nytro, I would not do it again. It digs into the sides of your legs and gets really irritating after a few rides.

kennyspec said:
All I am after is the cast bulkhead to use as a jig. The reason I got this chassis is that it was involved in a crash and it was actually kinked right where I cut it. The tunnel also has a slight twist to it. That's why I was not too concerned with cutting it apart. I really do like the design of the rear exchangers acting as the corners of the tunnel. I just don't know if a flat top tunnel is a good idea on a Nytro as it is so tall. Unless I was to raise the running board height.....but I dunno if that would be a good idea or not

Gotcha, makes sense. I was wondering how you got hold of a Pro chassis? ;)!

The heat exchanger design they have works really well in my RMK. If you can make it work on a Nytro I think it would be well worth it for weight savings and the lack of ice build up. I think it might descrease the ice build up caused from the exhaust as the surrounding tunnel area would be heated, unlike on a stock Nytro.

I remember Caleb posting about the squared off edges being uncomfortable on his old tunnel. I wonder if that's because the Nytro tunnel is taller than most? The squared off design has never bothered me on any other sled but the difference out be is their tunnels are not as deep.

I really want to use a square tunnel so that I can use the heat exchanger setup. I am just concerned with it digging into my legs. I have thought of lowering the top of the new tunnel I would build and run the exhaust on top of it. Then run heat shields between the top of the exhaust and the fuel tank. Kind of like how the phazer is setup. But that would probably lead to more heat issues than its worth and may also be heavier in then end.

I am currently running a custom heat exchanger under tunnel at the rear of the Nytro. I also have a exchanger running up the mag side of the tunnel. I have little to no ice problems with this setup. I think that a full length heat exchanger is a lot of help to reduce icing. Now just need to find a way to use the rmk style for the weight savings.

If you want a square tunnel, I would do exactly as you described and run the exhaust on top. I had thought about doing that but at the time it seemed like too much work. Once I rode the sled I kicked myself for not doing it.

I would just be worried about the added heat as the exhaust would no longer be having snow flung at it. Adding a turbo to the mix would only increase the header temperature.

I was going to start building a jig around the front end and I was thinking about what would be the best way to mount the a arms to my future tube frame. The pro chassis uses round shaft that go through the a arm and then bolt to the bulkhead. They do not use the standard bolt through the a arm style of mounting. I was wondering if I should convert it to tabs welded to the tube frame or try and use the same setup as the pro chassis? Thoughts?

Back