• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anti rachet drivers

wana run a 1.5 ripsaw, 121 converted to 136, was going to use 8 tooth drivers instead of the stock 9 tooth, the track has to be over tight now in my eyes or it rachets on acceleration, how much gearing change is there between the 8 vs 9 driver?

What sled? Usually ratcheting indicates worn or broken suspension components. If thats the case, it would be DANGEROUS to ignore/cover up the symptom as you are on your way to a failure that could leave you stranded out in the middle of nowhere, or worse, dead.

Gearing change between 8 and 9 tooth drivers is, hmm, you will be gearing down to 8/9 or gearing down by 1/9, depending on how you want to look at it.

Tighten track to specifications. No more and no less, otherwise you will either loose performance through friction, or through wind resistance (due to pumping air in the tunnel). There is nothing to be gained by running the track too loose.

would u do any differant looking back now? i like to get off the trail is why i was thinking the 1.5, but how is ur 1.5 holding up to wi trails , how far off is ur speedo, did u remove the tunnel protectors

The difference is that there is 2.52 inches between openings or 3 inches between openings in the track. Click on richierich's banner in his post you should be able to find them.

Back