• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

any way to avoid paying this?

rage763

Extreme
My powderhounds came in today, but UPS charged over 80 bucks for brokerage. Is there anyway to get around this for next time, or is this just something I can expect ordering parts from the states?

Also what is this fee in the first place?

It goes back to a time long ago. It's known as the "RIP-OFF" fee. UPS is the absolute worst. I always demand USPS or no deal.

X2 - always use U.S. Postal Service or you will be held hostage at your front door. Private couriers charge all these fees that USPS does not.

thanks. i order all my clothes and shoes and a few other things online from the states and have never seen this brokerage fee. thanks guys, hopefully i never see it again.

rage763 said:
thanks. i order all my clothes and shoes and a few other things online from the states and have never seen this brokerage fee. thanks guys, hopefully i never see it again.

You will if the seller ships UPS.

As stated above. Have stuff shipped USPS.

Its part of the great free trade deal. They get all, we get nothing! The mail system works great both sides of the border. If you buy from Hartmaninc, he has done all the paper work for us norht of the 49th. Only have to pay gst, nothing else. What can brown do for you? screw you over on made up charges. When I brought my Impulse header, wanted us the mail. But Paul didnt like that idea. So used friends ups account & broker, still got screwed over. Then the idiots @ ups sent the parcel the wrong direction. Salt Lake City to Edmonton Ab area, it has to just go straight north. They sent to denver, then somewhere in Iowa. Then went to Texas, back to Iowa, then to Minnesota, finally across the border to Winterpeg, sat there forever. Mail seems to be so much quicker.

Riceburner said:
rage763 said:

You will if the seller ships UPS.

As stated above. Have stuff shipped USPS.

This makes my blood boil!!!! If your seller ships only UPS to Canada, then they don't want your business and they are lazy on top of that..

You can also have items shipped to your own broker, cleared and they will ship to you. I refuse to give it to UPS.

This is exactly the reason I won't do business with anyone who ships UPS. I've been ripped off too many times...it's funny how you are starting to see more guys shipping via USPS. Brokerage fees are a joke...I got boned $60 for a DVD and a Y-pipe for my old sled....highway robbery.

Back