• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone come from an 06-07 nytro to an 08-09?

569jason

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 RS VENTURE GT
I am coming off an 04 Viper S. My next sled will be an old nytro or a new one. I would like to know all the good and bad going from 06-07 to 08-09. I 'm 6'2" 195lbs. I like to ride aggressive, but also like to just cruise some times. Is the high seating position hard to get used to on the new nytros? My viper was low and drove like it was on rails. I know my next sled will drive different from my old one. I am trying to get every ounce of information before I buy my next sled.
Thanks for the replys.

A lot to ask, try reading/searching the forums on issues/problems of each of these model sleds.

Plus, we are all too busy right now with talk of the 2010 models being released.

06-07 will be more like your viper. 08-09 is a totally different ride. I have an 09 xtx and I love it (last sled was an 06 rage). Did have to buy some warmer gear and adjust my riding style. Definetly not a point and shoot sled like your viper, but once you dial in the suspension and learn some body english it's a riot.

Also, I disagree with those who say you need different skis. I put 114 studs down the center with 6" carbides on stock skis and it rails.

I loved my viper. Just hated the proaction. Thanks for the post deanhell.

just traded in a 06 nytro for a 09 rtx nytro, guess i'm a aggressive rider i love the o9 nytro spend the money on a 09 it's lighter,faster,nimbler and colder but what a gas to beat on , the only thing i'm going to change is the windshield to the grampa version and revavle the fox floats

Since you are an aggressive rider, I'd highly recommend the FX Nytro versus the older RS chassis Nytro.

I came off a 05 Vector (very similar to the Nytro) and each time I rode it hard in the twisties, I'd fear not making a corner due to the push. It's a heavier sled and the overall balance just isn't set up for tight corners. While you may sit a bit higher on the new Nytros, it is not as tippy as the older ones and you can set it up so you can rail through the corners.

You can still cruise on the FX Nytro, but definately get the tall windshield. I even wish they made an even taller one myself. The wind just smacks you in the helmet.

I've now noticed that at the end of the day, I am no longer dead tired from muscling the sled around all day.

Back