• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone here run a shockwave adjustable helix ?

sparkys37

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha apex GT
I just bought a 2007 apex gt with a shockwave adjustable helix in it. Im wondering what angles are reccomended and what spring combo for trail riding . Any help would be appreciated .

Get a hold of Agman 57. I believe he uses a Shock wave pulley on his super charged Nitro.

Get a hold of Agman 57. I believe he uses a Shock wave pulley on his super charged Nitro.
I've run the shockwave on my 2013 xtx since new it's a great tool for adjusting your clutching if it's warm out side & you lose a few hundred rpm you can loosen set screws and tighten the big screw and gain back those rpms.

streetfighter, how do the buttons hold up to the thinner ramps of the shockwave helix?

Been running the shock wave for ten years now, works extremely well when combined with the over dive setup.you need to ditch the stock weights and spring ,install 66 gram polaris weights and pins grind the tips slightly so they clear yamaha orange spring seperate the primary machine 30 thou off each side at the bottom 60 thou off the split collar buy a multi angle shock wave helix machine 60 thou off to match the primamy change the secondary spring to yellow and don't look back best clutching for these engines, this set up adds an overdrive to clutch raising the belt roughly 1/2 " in the primary

I have found that the thinner width ramps of the Shockwave helix are wearing the plastic buttons really fast!!

I just bought a 2007 apex gt with a shockwave adjustable helix in it. Im wondering what angles are reccomended and what spring combo for trail riding . Any help would be appreciated .
Get the multi angle shockwave for the apex ,use 66 gram polaris weights and pins yamaha orange primary and yellow secondary plus if you are able to or bring to a machine shop and machine an overdrive into your clutches and the ETECS will be looking at your snowflap all day long, been running this setup since 2006 the sled is insane now still running the same butons in the secondary, ran a 2002 hot to go xcr 800 last year and desrtoyed it from start to finish running roughly 118mph

Back