• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone recognize this lighting kit

earthling

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2021 SRX
2006 ATTAK
I bought my apex a few years ago, the previous owner had installed a lighting kit. The low beam bulb on the left side is burnt out. Trying to figure out who made the thing so I can look up the specs. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Broken Bulb.jpg
    Broken Bulb.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 114
  • HID Starters.jpg
    HID Starters.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 106

that small bulb looks like a 194 peanut bulb. it should just pull straight out unless they used one of the glued in ones on it.

Thanks for the feedback. It is similar to a peanut bulb but it is a high intensity halogen bulb. It was soldered directly to the wires that pass through the rubber grommet. The bulb itself is just a 12v halogen bulb found in many headlights (with wire tail instead of a socket). Looking into this some more, there are a lot of newer bi xenon bulb kits out there that would work as a replacement. The newer kits are so much cheaper than they used to be so I will probably just go with a lifetime warranty kit and some spare bulbs (so I don't have to wait for replacements) which will be far cheaper than what this kit probably cost new.

I’ve got an HID kit I’m not using if you’re interested pal. How’d you make out with the clutch cleaning?

Clutch seems good, its not slipping at least as far as I can test it without snow :) Got it out of the dishwasher before she noticed of course she was wondering why all the dirty dishes ended up back on the counter, a man has to have priorities. Mostly just puttering around cleaning up things from last year (snow flap got torn off backing off of trailer, etc). I am done with the bolt, I can drop that by anytime. Thanks!

Clutch seems good, its not slipping at least as far as I can test it without snow :) Got it out of the dishwasher before she noticed of course she was wondering why all the dirty dishes ended up back on the counter, a man has to have priorities. Mostly just puttering around cleaning up things from last year (snow flap got torn off backing off of trailer, etc). I am done with the bolt, I can drop that by anytime. Thanks!
I’ll shoot you a text tomorrow. Cheers

Back