• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone know where this spring belongs

Pull the cover and insure nothing was damaged by the under fill. On second thought call the dealer and explain the low oil level and have him check to insure there is no damage and then have him refill the chaincase! He can't fix the issues he has with service people if he doesn't know about them.

Pull the cover and insure nothing was damaged by the under fill. On second thought call the dealer and explain the low oil level and have him check to insure there is no damage and then have him refill the chaincase! He can't fix the issues he has with service people if he doesn't know about them.
problem is the dealer that did it is 5 hours away. maybe i should talk to local dealer. reg warranty expired yesterday, But I have the yes warranty I think they cover it if it was a leak. I don't think there be any damage as its just below the window( a 1/2" would fill it to 1/2 way up window.. I just sent the fellow i bought it from a email asking if he had checked in the sight window. seems to be some oil residue around the bottom , will see if there any drips on the paper towels tomorrow.

Last edited:
If the dealer did not remove the cover so only 8 oz was required to fill chances are you don't have a leak. However he also did not change the oil as stated. The first oil change is critical because a lot of chips and fine metal comes out with the oil and if you don't remove the cover your not removing all the junk at the bottom of the chain case. I would strongly recommend returning it to a dealer so it can be checked and the fluid change done properly.

My guess is he filled it on a stand. If you fill it on a stand it shows full but when sled is on ground with rear up in air like they normally are sitting there oil will be on bottom of sightglass. I run mine to top of sightglass on the ground. Takes at least 12oz.

As some of you know i just bought this sled. i was checking the chain case lube in the sight window and i found this spring sitting under chain case. anyone know where it belongs. like i say i kinda new to the viper

That spring is a pain. MPI has a kit that eliminates that spring !

;);)

As some of you know i just bought this sled. i was checking the chain case lube in the sight window and i found this spring sitting under chain case. anyone know where it belongs. like i say i kinda new to the viper

That spring is a pain. MPI has a kit that eliminates that spring !

;)

One of these makes that spring much easier to remove and install. Good investment for Viper owners

download.jpg

Back