• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone running drop brackets on their RTX?

Dimebag

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Hi,

I want to get some more clearance under the running boards of my 2008 144" stretched RTX Nytro, and am thinking about getting some drop brackets.

How will this affect rideability? Approach angle?

Can i move the suspension down in front also to achieve the same approach angle as today, and still making the sled higher?

How much should i rise it? Anyone who has done this, and what are your experiences?

Thanks

Come on guys.. Nobody knows?

I want to gain more clearance between runningboards and ground, but still maintain the same approach angle. How much do I drop it in front?

I see timbersled sells a bracket for changing / reinforcing the front mount holes.

Dimebag said:
Come on guys.. Nobody knows?

I want to gain more clearance between runningboards and ground, but still maintain the same approach angle. How much do I drop it in front?

I see timbersled sells a bracket for changing / reinforcing the front mount holes.

Dimebag,

I'm thinking that it is not going to be a common goal for Nytro owners to raise their sled. The Nytro sits tall enough, without drop brackets. Many people are looking into ways to lower it a bit for better handling.
IMO: Drop brackets are not going to help anything. In powder it's just going to cause your track to dig deeper. Then when you're stuck, You're REALLY stuck! The polaris's had this issue when they introduced the Extra 12 suspension into the infamous XLT's. Granted, they were a little heavier in the rear end then the Nytro, but I'm affraid the results will be similar. Besides that it's not gaining you any more suspension. Your overall travel is still going to be the same.

I understand. The case is that i ride a lot in deep powder, and sometimes the sled seems to hang on the running boards and then getting stuck. Im thinking a little raise wont hurt it? The XTX has about the same height as im planning to run on mine, and they have the same track length.

Im gonna try it out for sure, if it doesnt make any difference Ill just remove them again. ill get my brackets tomorrow and will start mounting them after the weekend.

Will add pics with the result.

Thanks

Timbersled (customized) dropbrackets.

296140_10150345037730733_628715732_9999720_986639_n.jpg
[/img]

Thanks,

I personally dont think Ill notice anything different other than better clearance from the running boards to the pow.

I am looking forward to test it... In December....

I'm trying to do the same to my rtx. how did it work for you and which brackets did you use?

I also have an '08 and I know what you are talking about. The foot boards are lower on the '08-'09. I think they changed it later. The later models' foot boards taper faster to the back. I think you are wasting your time and money trying to drop the skid lower. The already terrible approach angle will only get worse if you drop it and the center of gravity will be way worse. One thing that may help is after market running boards. I believe Mountain Tech makes them and they are wide open and may help in the powder. Good luck!

Back