• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone seen skegs like this?

pdiddy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'11 Apex; '16 Apex XTX; '18 Indy 600 SP;
Photo showing stock 4" carbide runners as installed left & right with front at top. This is a new (to me) 2010 LTX Vector.
Luckily I had a decent spare set with 6" carbide to install while I wait for snow to see how much darting is going to be an issue. The sled was previously set up by the dealer and the previous owner never made any adjustments. I've already tightened the limiter 1 hole and reduced the ski spring pressure to minimum pending my first ride. Looks to me like the outside ski was taking quite a bit of the turning force. The track is picked 3 ea lug up the middle for 162 pics. A notch more aggressive than I would have done. Just curious if this is a classic symptom of over pic'd without enough ski carbide. What say you experts out there?
DSC01699.JPG

I'd say that this is just the result of too many miles using the flimsy stock bars. There are of low quality and are less beefy than aftermarket bars. The only time I've seen a bent bar was the time I hit a rock in the middle of the trail.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Back